New ACR in S TX - Almost

Tere

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys I'm trying - I don't have enough space (until my membership is "real") to post all of the pics - still trying.

The one of a kind interior joke is that I have a red driver seat and a black passenger seat. Bill & Mark are working on that. I really like the red seats but Bill says Dodge will only allow me to have Black seats :(

As for the stripes - I originally wanted the Graphite, Black center W/red ACR stripe like a couple other members here. I have really come to like the "stealth" of this solid color. And as you all know - stealth is not a bad thing ;)
Looking fine! I like the "stealth" look as well -- no stripes on my snake.

You can log on to the forum at Texas Viper • Portal and upload photos to your photo album there. Then link from there to the VCA website.

OP
OP
F

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm up for a "caravan" I live by the forum so I'm about as "on the way" as you can get.

I've been driving it now with RPMs over 2500 all the time shifting between 3-4-5 while cruising 70mph down the road. Threw another code at 104 miles. Drove it in "limp home" for another 20 miles. I know I can let it sit and cool down and the problem will go away for 50 miles. I'm trying that routeen again just to verify. I haven't been dogging it but I'm not exactly on a Sunday drive either.

As you all know - it doesn't take very much "getting on it" to be on the extreme side of illegal, extremely quick.

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i had no idea that the "viper" lettering on the drivers side was always in red on the acrs...for someone with 3 srt vehicles in their driveway and not so much as a screw driver in your garage is a paradox

You must be registered for see images

TommyG

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Huge congrats indeed! That is one bad to the bone Snake. Once broken in we have to get out to Harris Hill Road for some fun. I have taken out my C6z06 and Porsche 911tt but my snake wants to run the track. Just ordered some Kuhmbo sp? tires for my stocker wheels from JonB so I should have them soon and slap them on and be ready for twisties in a week or so. Can't wait to see your car in person.

Tom

Tere

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm up for a "caravan" I live by the forum so I'm about as "on the way" as you can get.

I've been driving it now with RPMs over 2500 all the time shifting between 3-4-5 while cruising 70mph down the road. Threw another code at 104 miles. Drove it in "limp home" for another 20 miles. I know I can let it sit and cool down and the problem will go away for 50 miles. I'm trying that routeen again just to verify. I haven't been dogging it but I'm not exactly on a Sunday drive either.

As you all know - it doesn't take very much "getting on it" to be on the extreme side of illegal, extremely quick.
I'll bring my laptop to hook up to the OBDII so we can pull the codes to see what the issue is. I can also clear codes as well as look at engine parameters.

So do you want to cruise up to Round Rock Sunday to visit Father Viper? The HEB gas station at the 3009 exit off I-35N is a good meet up point for a caravan to the north. I'll roll in there between 1:30 and 1:45.

OP
OP
F

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tere - I'll be at the HEB at 1:30p.

I talked with Mark w/Woodhouse tonight and it seems I may have faulty (loose - too much dielectric grease, something with the TPS sensors). He has seen that once before. I just checked all of the connections and everything looks fine. I'll get some electronics cleaner in the morning and try that if the reseat of the TPS & MAF connectors does not work.

I have not modded it yet. I will wait until I break it in and run it around the track bofore I install the full Belanger system & Mopar ECU/PCM. That will be the extent of the mods.

As for the tools - I have tons. I just had the garage redone to accept the Viper - new paint, floor, etc. I have been roling the cars out for the last 3 days while 2-3 coats of wax were applied to the floor to seal it. I will put the tools in the back shortly. I'm looking at new rolling cabinets and work benches.

OP
OP
F

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i had no idea that the "viper" lettering on the drivers side was always in red on the acrs...

The different seats is a mistake from the factory. I want red seats but Dodge will only allow me to have black ones according to Woodhouse. They have ordered a black drivers seat for me.

sirhc76

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Eddie

Welcome to the show. First years dues are paid as part of the new purchase as Lee mentioned. Look forward to meeting you today, San Antonio Native here as well living in Austin.

Chris

Tere

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tere - I'll be at the HEB at 1:30p.
See ya then!

If we pull the code, then we can know for sure where to look. My bet is TPS since it's a more heat sensitive component. Definitely try disconnecting and reconnecting the electrical connectors.

fastmd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i had no idea that the "viper" lettering on the drivers side was always in red on the acrs...

The different seats is a mistake from the factory. I want red seats but Dodge will only allow me to have black ones according to Woodhouse. They have ordered a black drivers seat for me.
How did that get past the famed QC at CAAP:lmao:

Last edited:

CarDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
...Have not been to Harris Hill Rd - I'll try anything twice ;)...

Harris Hill is a blast. I was just there on Friday in my Audi RS4. I had the stock tires screaming for mercy. I was so bummed when I was leaving the track...I finally figured out how to completely disable the traction control (car only has 1300 miles on it so I am a newbie owner). Driving the AWD 420 horsepower car was fun, but it is certainly not the ACR. I like to TRY and tame the Viper. The RS4 was fast (ran around a 1:34 with the traction control on...:mad:) but a little boring.

How are you liking the car by now?

Tere

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks to me like we got "limp" resolved. You were gittin' it on all the way back to San Antonio.

Bet it felt good to put the pedal down and make that old ACR roar! :):drive::)

OP
OP
F

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks to me like we got "limp" resolved. You were gittin' it on all the way back to San Antonio.

Bet it felt good to put the pedal down and make that old ACR roar! :):drive::)

When I pulled over just N of 1604 it had just went into "limp". I think it's going to the dealer tomorrow morning - any recomendations?:confused::(

I will say that the drive back was my first official injection of Viper crack. Now I want it all the time. I will say that those rear tires are something else in the ruts!:omg:

We'll need to hit it in the daylight again and hopefully without a red Civic road block.:headbang:

Tere

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I pulled over just N of 1604 it had just went into "limp". I think it's going to the dealer tomorrow morning - any recomendations?:confused::(

I will say that the drive back was my first official injection of Viper crack. Now I want it all the time. I will say that those rear tires are something else in the ruts!:omg:

We'll need to hit it in the daylight again and hopefully without a red Civic road block.:headbang:
Dang! Well, we know it's 0335/0337, so maybe replacing the sensor if the wiring continuity checks good - definitely a low voltage issue on the sensor. Kinda funny that it was running good when we were moving out, and it only happened after a period of somewhat sedate cruising.

Yeah, all Vipers tend to trammel on rutted back roads. It's a two hands on the wheel thing. You get used to it after a few hundred miles of running the twisties. Definitely a fun little run this evening. Ah the adrenalin rush!

We need to get the Austin folks down for a run through the three twisted sisters (RRs 335,336,and 337) -- 100 miles of nothing but turns.