New Engine Oil Pre-Luber Systems Now Available..

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

We redesigned the pre-luber and are now offering the new system on our website. The tank is available your choice of either a natural aluminum finish, or highly polished finish ($25.00 option).

You must be registered for see images

Available through Roe Racing directly, by clicking HERE , or from one of our family of installing dealers, viewed by clicking HERE .

Thanks for reading.
Sean

Richard K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sean, for those of us that have the older system, are there any issues that required a re-design? Thanks

OP
OP
S

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
No issues to be overly concerned with.
All the pre-lubers have a lifetime warranty.
We eliminated the gauge as it wasn't really necessary (the pressure in the tank equals what the engine oil pressure is and there's a gauge on the dash) and we had a few of the ones on the tanks stick. We eliminated the O-ring seal at the cap also.
We still have the previous (slightly larger oil capacity) system on both our cars and have had no troubles. But, out of the other 30 or so out there, I had a couple leak air past the o-ring or schrader valve and loose their function as a pre-luber.
The new design eliminates any chance of ever having these problems.

Sean

OP
OP
S

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You can still leave the switch in the *on* position for use as an accumulator (accusump) at track events.

Steve Miehe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sean:

Unless my memory has faltered, you lowered the price. Good move. Will probably order a kit from you soon. How difficult is it to install? Give me the straight scoop, now.....

Steve

OP
OP
S

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yes, through changes in the kit and supliers, we were able to lower the price significantly. I believe it was a good value before, but is even better now.
Budget about an hour to an hour and a half for installation depnding on mechanical ability. No special tools required, just simple hand tools. The kit comes ready to install.

Sean

Kevin ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sean,

How long will the accumulator hold the charge, have you experimented to see if it held for months of storage?

OP
OP
S

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
When an engine sits, the oil film slowly drains off the internal component contact surfaces and out of the oil passages, back into the oil pan. Without pre-luberication, your engine will be running with little to no oil pressure for the first few seconds as the oil pump refills the passages. This can be further pronounced on Vipers where they are not used as daily driven vehicles. It is during this time that most damage can occur.

Did you know that the Viper V10 has no camshaft bearings and the cam rides directly in the aluminum block? Our '94 RT/10 with 11,000 street miles and no track time had a scored camshaft bore, requiring it to be bored out and a service cam with larger journals had to be installed.

This system is designed to simulate the oil pump by introducing pressurized oil into the oil galleys before the engine is started, prefilling them and prelubricating your engine.

This is a complete kit with all the components and instructions needed for installation. Wiring and installation is straight-forward. There's an electric oil control valve at the tank activated by a LED lighted switch mounted in an out of the way location inside the car. I put my switch inside the center vent under the steering wheel. The oil line T's into the stock oil cooler line.

Regarding how long it will hold a charge, there's no place for it to leak pressure with the new design except the valve, which is rated for hundreds of thousands of cycles. If the valve did seep pressure over years, the oil would slowly go from the tank back into the engine. That's worst case senario.

Sean

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21