New Gen 4 Clutch

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After extensive developement we are proud to release our Generation 4 Dodge Viper ACXR inspired =BAD BOYZZ SERIES= Sportsman Competition Clutch / Flywheel. This extreme lightweight system is engineered for the ACRX crowd, only to improve on Dodge's already stout design. We have jointly developed and have run our Generation 3 " RAM Viper Clutch Program " since 2006' with much successs. We have now intergrated this proven system to our T6061 billet generation 4 flywheels and are actively race testing these competition units. We at BAD BOYZZ GARAGE have an exclusive partnership with John Norcia, owner of RAM Cluthes on Viper because of our shared expertise, commitment to quality, innovation and for spear heading these programs. RAM is highly recognized for their multi disc clutch / flywheel programs with over 30 years of experience in professional drag racing, oval track, road race, sprint, truck pull and high performance street applications.

Our Sportsman units are now avaliable for your Generation 4 - 3 - 2 Dodge Viper's.

Specifications
:$2045.00 plus shippng
:Made in USA
:SFI Certified Quality
:Light Weight Engineering
:10.5" Dual Disc
:T6061 Billet Flywheel w/.225" Billet Steel Insert
:Strapless 6 notched " proven " floater plate technology
:900 Series Sintered Iron competition friction material (Optional Smooth Engaging 300 Series Organic friction material for the street / track Viper's)
:Flywheel side clutch disc solid design
:pressure plate side clutch disc is our 8 high tensile strength, polyurethane coated Marcel sprung hub design
:2300 Lb rated diaphram style pressure plate (stock like pedal action)
:Rated @ 900 Trq / 1000 HP
:Servicable
:Applications - Performance stock replacement - High HP Viper's - Drag Racing - Road Racing - Auto Cross - Street

The only complete replacement assembly on the Market today for the Generation 4 Dodge Viper and truly plug & play!

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE, INC.
Todd Gomez - President
[email protected]
(916) 505-9026

=DISTRIBUTORS OF POWER=:usa:

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just an update Viper Nation. Last weekend at Sebring, Florida our Viper Gen 4 Sportsman Competition Clutch ran successfully! I am also driving to Laguna Seca this Sunday to install another unit in a Gen 4 Viper that lives to Auto-X and run at the track.

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE, INC.
Toddy

=DISRTIBUTORS OF POWER= :usa:

OP
OP
B

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How much weight savings?

Boxer 12,

Aprroxiamtely 25% percent weight reduction, along with an extra 1000lbs of clamping force with minimal pedal effort along with stock like pedal modulation. We have also increased our friction contact patch by an additional 32% which seriuosly improves postive engagement and clutch life. The 2008' - 2010' Gen 4 Viper's really respond to this light weight set-up (Faster Rev's & Deceleration).

Most important NO "TEC - CEL" :usa: Green Technology!
Only problem for the "ACRX crowd" is its not legal in the Viper Cup series. We must use a OEM clutch.

Tom,

Your absolutely correct, but since getting the =BAD BOYZZ SERIES= headers factory installed which proved to be the better header, I just wanted to address this most important component (Clutch) for any Race or Street Viper.

After some serious R&D we have accomplished our goal, a Viper Gen 4 competition clutch that is truly plug & play! We have 2 version ready to go.
:High Performance Street/Track with our 300 Series Organic Friction Material (Silky Smooth Engagement with Strapped Floater Plate).
:Competition Performance with our 900 Series Sintered Iron friction Material (Stand Driven Floater Plate).
:Both units share the same Billet Flywheel & 2400LB Diaphram Style Pressure Plate.

Tom as a professional race consultant I'm sure you would agree that the time is right for a Gen 4 high performance light weight Flywheel/Clutch assembly, so we have responded to the industry with our ACRX inspired =BAD BOYZZ SERIES= Sportsman Clutch.

I invite you, all ACRX Race Teams and Gen 4 owners to run one of our units, and I feel very confident that most won't go back.

Thanks,

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE, INC.
Toddy Gomez - President

=DISTRIBUTORS OF POWER=:usa:

Tom Sessions

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom,

Your absolutely correct, but since getting the =BAD BOYZZ SERIES= headers factory installed which proved to be the better header, I just wanted to address this most important component (Clutch) for any Race or Street Viper.

I invite you, all ACRX Race Teams and Gen 4 owners to run one of our units, and I feel very confident that most won't go back.

So you want me to ask my driver to spend over $2000.00 to test something that at this time will not be allowed in the series:dunno: That goes against the whole intent of the series in keeping it a spec series. And not turning it into a money war.

If I wanted my driver to spend money it would be on a set of Belanger Headers. But I cant use them so why even bring it up?

OP
OP
B

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Excellent point on spec series Tom, that's why the clutch is a perfect upgrade solution (evolution of series rule book if possible) in my opinion for the "durabilty factor". The OEM Viper clutch is a stout design and is perfect for performance street use along with several track day events per year, not a full competition unit. The OEM clutch is a piece Chrysler should be proud of because it has proven itself on the race track, where it has not been design to run full time.

When looking at the ACRX and ACR's configuration it's clear that Chrysler's engineers felt it necessary to upgrade several key components from Viper's OEM parts bin to other components that are better suited for the extreme conditions seen in road racing. The engine controller, pistons, catch can, stainless steel high flow exhaust manifolds, 6 speed close ratio gear box, brake rotors, suspension, tires, areo trim, roll bar, driver's seat & safety harness were the standard upgrades. In my opinion another standard upgrade would be a lightweight high trq capacity twin disc flywheel/clutch assembly to handle the harsh demands seen at the track. This along with other forms of motorsports besides the ACRX spec series such as club racing, auto-x, drag racing, drifting, standing mile and high performance street use are the reasons my company has spent this year developing & testing our Gen 4 sportsman clutch program (prototype to production). A dual purpose unit for everyone from the street to track.

I have talked with several car owner/driver's who track Gen 4 and ACRX Viper's and most have commented that they would like a clutch upgrade available. We at BBG have responded to this need and believe that our Sportsman Competition program is the right solution for ACRX and Gen 4 Viper owners who participate in motorsports events or who simply want to run high quality. The cost is minimal if there are fewer clutch issues during the race season and frankly the cost is less than a set of new replacement 2 piece rotors. All it takes is one DNF or a clutch grenading to justify cost in my opinion.

Thanks for your input & why not talk about a new Gen 4 product to improve Viper's performance heritage if it works.

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE, INC.
Toddy Gomez - President

=DISTRIBUTORS OF POWER= :usa:

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are currently running our units in race Viper's to validate our driveline technology and we firmly believe this process is key in developing a reliable product. On the business side, these race teams are not "laughing out loud" because they have serious financial commitiments & obligations for transport, pit crews, sponsorship & need to finish at these track events for point standings & money.

We at BBG realize that being innovators on Gen 4 Viper parts may raise a few eyebrows, yet we believe that real Car Guyz will appreciate our efforts which gives the Viper Nation high quality options.

Our intended Motorsport applications as stated in our post are:
Road Racing, Drag Racing, High HP Vipers, Auto-X, High, Standing Mile, Drifting & Performance Stock Replacement.

I welcome everyones points of view as this helps me develope my company!

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE, INC.
Toddy Gomez - President

Last edited:

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If there are 50 ACR-X's produced, then a lot of them are not running the Spec Series VC. Those guys can put whatever they want on the car. There are a lot more ACR's out there (see, eg., dodgeviperacr.us) and I think a good lightweight clutch is a worthy project...the more speed products for our cars the better...the competition has got it all.. just my 2c.

OP
OP
B

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While developing our Viper Gen 4 Sportsman Competition and High Performance Street Clutch programs we took a serious look at Viper's OEM transmission throw-out release bearing and slave cylinder assembly. Chrysler built a good system that works great on the street and good for those track day events, but was not really designed to handle the harsh environment of road racing and the added clamping forces required for full race pressure plate technology. The bearing and slave cylinder are seeing extreme heat and hydraulic pressure's on the track and we felt the current system needed to be improved upon. Our partnership with RAM Clutches has spawned our race inspired =BAD BOYZZ SERIES= Dodge Viper fully adjustable throw-out bearing assembly. This key component is a direct replacement for the Generation 2 - 3 - 4 Viper Transmission's.

We are hard at work in the Garage fine tuning fitment and are currently negociating track time in full race Viper's. This process is key for us at BBG to validate the quality of our bearing assembly!

Please feel free to contact us & our distributors directly with any technical questions you may have. Yet another component to compliment our Clutch Programs or to run with your clutch of choice!

Thanks for your consideration.

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE, INC.
Toddy Gomez - President
3951 Development Drive. Unit #9
Sacramento, Ca 95838
(916) 505-9026
[email protected]

BBG-RAM Clutches Race Inspired =BAD BOYZZ SERIES= Dodge Viper Sportsman Fully Adjustable Throw-out Bearing Assembly-Coming Soon!!