New guy, first Viper, saying hello.

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome. I just got mine in January, and it is my first one also. It feels great, doesn't it?

I do have some buyer's remorse though. I should have bought it SOONER.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Strongly concur with what the others are saying in regards to the tires, if they are original. I also bought a '98 with original tires and recently had them replaced with new Pilots and they have a whole different feel. That and having them balanced and aligned properly. I swear the car doesn't track in the road grooves as much as it did originally, plus just the peace of mind that you have new rubber under you. I can't wait for the spring to really put the test to them... :)
<font color="red">Assuming there ever IS a spring.....sigh </font>

OP
OP
B

Brian Paddock

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When are we going to put that exhaust on your car?

Jerry

I thought you would never ask. :laugh:

Is there a serial number or some sort of "born on date" to make
sure that these are the original tires and have not already replaced?

Thanks
Brian

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To quote from a previous post by Monnieh:
Each tire has a required Department of Transportation number imprinted on at least one of its sidewalls. That number begins with the letters "DOT" and may contain up to 12 additional numbers and letters.

The first and the last digits are the most important for the tire owner. The first 2 letters/numbers identify the manufacturer of the tires. Prior to the year 2000, the last 3 digits of a DOT number represented the week (2 digits) and the year (1 digit) of production.

For example, if the last three digits are 439, the tire was produced in the 43rd week of 1999. Tires produced after January 1, 2000 have a 4-digit date code at the end of the DOT number. The first 2 digits represent the week of production and the last 2 digits represent the last 2 digits of the year of production. So, 3500 as the last 4 numbers indicates that the tire was produced in the 35th week of the year 2000

viper8298

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brian- congrats, I have had mine for a few months also and am always wondering what I can add-on next! you will love it! :2tu:

jimster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The first pic does look like a model.

What kind of camera did you use to shoot the pics?

OP
OP
B

Brian Paddock

Enthusiast
Reaction score
According to the DOT number on the tires they were made in 1997.
Time for new tires.

My camera is a Canon Power Shot S230, 3.2 mega pixels.

Thanks again guys
Brian

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960