New Owner

Clifton Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just bought a used 02 RT/10, Graphite with Cognac interior with 2600 miles (one owner car) and I have to say... I LOVE THIS CAR!!

My last two cars were an 02 BMW 745i and an 02 Corvette (not ZO6) and neither one made me grin for an hour after I put the car away in the garage.

Anyway, I was hoping for two pieces of advice:

1. Can anyone recommend a good Dodge dealer in the Fairfax VA area? Brown Dodge and Fair Oaks Dodge are both close to my house.

2. Is there a trick to opening the folding top? It took me 1/2 hour rolling around in the family room to get it open. I'm almost afraid to fold it again. Heaven forbid if I ever have to assemble it with the threat of rain in the parking lot at the office.

Any help would sincerely be appreciated.

Baddasp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations Charles. Great Choice. I have a 99 RT/10. I live in Fairfax. We should get together for some cruise's..I take my car to Jerry's Dodge in Springfield..Jeff Sherwin is the Viper Tech..He is a great guy. Let me know if you need anything else.

OP
OP
C

Clifton Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks. Until today the weather has not been very condusive for pictures. Tonights project is a good waxing and some pics... I'll try and post tomorrow.

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome Charles!
Hope you join the VCA, and be sure to hook up with the great folks in the Virginia / Maryland Region chapter!

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations, yet again, to another new Viper owner! Such exciting news. Gives me chills. :)

Between the end of last month and now, there have been more new Viper owners announcing their elevated status in the Viper forum than I have seen since joining the forum. Does it have anything to do with it being summer? Improved weather and all.

You must be registered for see images

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The car originally came with a video cassette which shows you how to put together and break down the soft top. If you need to borrow mine to make a copy, let me know, I am in Frederick, MD, but frequent Northern Virginia almost everyday for business.

Congrats on the Viper.

John

OP
OP
C

Clifton Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the offer on the video.

The owners manual and other documentation was not in the car when I bought it. I have since ordered it and am awaiting the package. If the tape does not come with it, I'd like to take you up on your offer.

Thanks again.

Ron Hickey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the Viper Nation!

I use the Viper Tech at Manassas Dodge, Scott Bothum, and am very satisfied with his work. Jeff Sherwin at Jerry's Dodge in Springfield is also very good. I've no experience with the tech at Fair Oaks, and Brown's Dodge has a new tech, from what I've heard.

As others have said, our VCA region (Va-Md) is very active. We've got a lunch at ******* in Manassas this Saturday, June 7, from 11 to 2. Please try to join us.

OP
OP
C

Clifton Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Won't be able to make it to ******* this weekend (roadtrip!) but I look forward to catching up with everyone in the VA-MD VCA.

Thanks again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VinhyVegas