New spring question for the ACR or anyone that has installed new springs

Toronto_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 2002 ACR with the Dynamic shocks. I have been told that the reason the ACR bobs up and down which can lead to nausea is due to the high spring rate that the springs have on the car which were basically made for a car with a wing on the back. Well I am now ready to install the new springs with less tension as I cant take the bobbing as it can lead to an accident one day. I heard that the ACR springs have a spring rate of 1100Ibs and that the car needs 800Ibs or around there. is this true

I would like to hear from not just the ACR owners that have installed new springs to correct the problem but from any Viper owner that has installed new springs. I want to know what springs are the best with my ACR suspension that will work best both on the track for total performance and is also as confortable as possible for the street without giving up too much performance. I drove a Z06 today and I was impressed at how smooth and confortable the car was and it also handled very well. I still would not trade it for my ACR

Thanks

cgmaster

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just adjust the shocks. When I 1st got my 2000 acr the suspension was set wrong and it did the same thing. I have Konis and have never used the Motion shocks but there should be something in the shop manual not the owners manual) on how to adjust them. Mine was set on the lowest setting bump and rebound when I got it. I have to look at my setup book to see what it is at now. Mine is fine now.

OP
OP
T

Toronto_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. So you are saying that you no longer get any of the bouce associated with the ACR. Most eople here say that you have to change the springs. You are saying that is not necessary. Can I give you a call to discuss this. Please email me if you can

Thanks

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just adjust the shocks. When I 1st got my 2000 acr the suspension was set wrong and it did the same thing. I have Konis and have never used the Motion shocks ...

Non-sequitur response. Konis are not valved like the Dynamics, nor do they have the excessive rear spring rate.