New Video about Stryker Red

OP
OP
K

kdaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd have to guess that they attach a high price to the paint job to keep it more exclusive. they just need to expand the lineup of premium colors... A deep green with a golden base like Stryker Red would be gorgeous... cough cough.

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kinda like the Lizstick Red on Saleen S7's.......makes it unique and very hard to copy

vancouver-gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just forwarded this video to a friend [ custom builder / painter ] to get a good chuckle. "certain science was involved to create the stryker paint" , LOL

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL at the respnses :) gr8 technique btw hopefully all colors will be that good with less cost.
Can I dream for a custom paint, Prefix?

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
is that dark blue at the beginning of the vid GTS Blue, Shadow Blue Pearl or other?

Stealth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, $14,000 - $1,000 for paint = $13,000 /8 hours = $1,625 per hour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am an attorney and this shocks even me!!!!!!

I suspect that repairing Stryker Red after a mini van hits the car from behind because the driver was texting will be very difficult. If the repair is not done by the factory will this devalue the car because of the special factory paint?

Great that such a special process/paint is available, but my Gen V or VI ACR will have to struggle by with "regular" metallic paint and stripes! :)

chorps

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, $14,000 - $1,000 for paint = $13,000 /8 hours = $1,625 per hour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am an attorney and this shocks even me!!!!!!

I suspect that repairing Stryker Red after a mini van hits the car from behind because the driver was texting will be very difficult. If the repair is not done by the factory will this devalue the car because of the special factory paint?

Great that such a special process/paint is available, but my Gen V or VI ACR will have to struggle by with "regular" metallic paint and stripes! :)

Depends on the rejection rate since they cannot repair the paint if it gets mucked up part way through? Also, what is the 'lost production' from diverting the guys off of non Stryker production...

Also, sometimes things are priced because of the nuisance fee, in that you don't want to do it but the customer forces you to do it...

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is however, absolutely stunning in person.
Just an amazing paint in my opinion.
I'd personally be afraid to drive the darn car half the time.

The_Greg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't forget you're getting the whole car painted in 8 hours. That represents a lot of panels, and more than one worker for sure.

Gorgeous in person indeed.

Killer33

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It is however, absolutely stunning in person.
Just an amazing paint in my opinion.
I'd personally be afraid to drive the darn car half the time.

It's truly amazing in person... had her a month and I cant find a flaw. To your point, I installed a 3m clear bra on the entire hood and impact areas just so I can drive it without hesitation. The 3M installer who performed the installation said it was one the best paint jobs he's ever seen and he see's lot of high end cars. To some of the other comments, I sure as heck hope I dont get hit by someone not paying attention.. then again, we're all probably in that same boat but I'm driving her anyway!

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's truly amazing in person... had her a month and I cant find a flaw. - - it was one the best paint jobs he's ever seen and he see's lot of high end cars. - - I'm driving her anyway!

I tip my hat to you sir... these cars deserve to be on the road to share with the world!