new Viper gets a mention on Top Gear

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
new series, tonight in the 'news' section they just chatted about the new Viper and show the teaser pic

they also have Hammond at Texas Speedway Nascar race he drove the pace car, and Matt Leblanc as the celebrity driving the reasonably priced car, he took the lap record as the fastest ever guest !!!

:)

OP
OP
N

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
to late for this series, but lets hope the SRT guys gets the new viper on the autumn TG series

Red Mist Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd like to see TG run the new Viper against the latest ZR1. Sudden death, winner takes all. Then, have the Stig take each one around the track.

canadian venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guess you have not seen their Viper reviews of the past. Clarkson couldn't get enough of Vipers.

We haven't seen the same show.... Clarkson was in love with the Ford Gt (he bought one for himself) and he said about the Mercedes SLS: "It's like a Dodge Viper made by somebody who know how to make cars". That say a lot don't you think?

Sonoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On one of the shows, Clarkson is sliding the Viper all over the track as he usually does, saying what a beast of a car it is (with a few negative jabs), but finishes with an "I love it!. YouTube has some of the Viper on Top Gear segments.

Red Mist Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Clarkson likes it…in the past he fondly described the Viper as the, “mother of violence” and a “ V-10 ax murderer”.

OP
OP
N

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
not quite right Mark it wasnt blue, it was the yellow press car, gen1 RT/10, no stripes ;)

the GTS wasnt even around back then

Ive got fond memories of driving the SRT/10 verte around the Texas Speedway @ VOI, happy days

:)

Last edited:

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score

viper_itch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've seen a few other Viper bits on Top Gear that haven't made it to youtube. I believe they took an 2010 or 2009 ACR around the Top Gear track in the rain in something like 1:23, but for the life of me I can't find any mention of it... an yes, it was the UK version.

srt4evah

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've seen a few other Viper bits on Top Gear that haven't made it to youtube. I believe they took an 2010 or 2009 ACR around the Top Gear track in the rain in something like 1:23, but for the life of me I can't find any mention of it... an yes, it was the UK version.

I don't recall them ever testing the 4th Gen Viper at all, and I've looked, searched, waited, wished for a long time that they would dare test the king of the 'Ring, but afaik they never did.

OP
OP
N

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i can confirm the gen4 never happened on the BBC TG

they did feature a black gen3 verte and the Stig drove it in around on a wet track for the lap time,
it was of one of our members cars and the red at the start of vid was my old RT/10

A few of our club members got tickets to go to the studio and see that episode been put together

viper_itch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll have to take your word for it. I suppose I'm mixing up the USA version... BBC America used to cut up the show some too... :roll eyes: I don't know...

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The thing is...

The fact they have yet to test an ACR or any gen IV for that matter...makes it seem like the Viper died as a gen III and that the LFA is still the quickest thing Toyota built for Nurburgring...at least there overseas. Now, granted that maybe they couldn't use a gen IV cause the UK can't have them (ACR's that is) since Chrysler can't use Viper on the cars, the wing, etc and so on. Sure it was on Top gear America...BUT IT'S NOT THE SAME. Top gear UK, those three, they just work and since I know the background of all three US presenters it just doesn't do anything for me, it doesn't carry the same value. I could tell when a cut scene is a cut scene, the UK version just seems to flow along. They put in so much hype, just to get people to watch it, there was rumors about Adam Corolla being on the show and then he was supposedly scuffed for another Adam. I watched that first episode and I prayed they would kill it, how it ever made it to a 2nd season is beyond me. After that, Corolla created his own show and that failed.

However back to the topic, yes they mentioned the gen V, they lol'd about it and then basically said they can't wait. Just somebody please send them a gen IV before the V comes out.

--RS

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No GEN4 was ever tested on the UK Top Gear. The ACR would have taken the top spot on their track if it had been tested. A missed opportunity for more recognition. I personally think the GEN4 ACR is the most ignored and misunderstood Viper outside this community. Sadly that's why they didn't sell well, with 09's and 10's still sitting on the lots.

And Clarkson has always liked the Viper and gave it praise in all three reviews.
My favorite Clarkson line regarding the Viper:
"...Against this, the Diablo is like Winnie the Pooh!"

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang