New Viper Jack from Snake-oyl ??

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Just got a flier from them on this jack...interesting design...looks long and low, and therefore SHOULD NOT damage sidesills....anyone seen or tried one ??? Thanks.

OP
OP
Steve-Indy

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Yes, $455.95...has a minimum height of " 3 1/6" "...whatever that means (maybe a typo for 3 1/16" ???)..NO max height listed, NO weight rating, NO number of pumps etc... but I THINK I like the design...sort of "Griot's Garage-ish". I would like to see/use one sometime...or hear from someone who has, as I MIGHT need one.
You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
Steve-Indy

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
saw NO reference to "weight", (light or heavy)...looks "heavy" to me...certainly NOT NASCAR style...but may fit in a Viper garage just fine!!

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Jon, We got a few of these off of E-bay about 6 months ago for $15.00. Now you can buy it for even less from the company that makes it. Check out www.desperate.com and do a search of "VIPER" under the Tin Sign list

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JonB-Pace Car Pilot:
The DEAL is the great repro of the 1996 GTS Dodge Promo on a metal sign, 16" X 12" for only $25 !! Ive ordered several !<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by Marv S on May 19, 2001 at 16:28</font>

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Robert1994:
Is there a problem with the OEM jack ?
Mine has worked fine since I remembered to set the park brake.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They're talking about a floor jack.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Snake-Oyl's number is 608-849-9878 and their website is [email protected]. They have had some problems with their site, so not sure if it is up at present. Cory races occasionally and I am sure it meets all specs for a high quality floor jack. With all the others out there in the $500-900 range, I think he has a goldmine here.

OP
OP
Steve-Indy

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Thanks Bill, JonB and Others...as one can see, I may HAVE to have one...I really like the long, low profile.

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man I think you all must just have too much money, after shipping thats 500 dollars, a couple years ago I went to pepboys and bought a jack that fits under my vipers with stock tires for $29.99. Maybe snake oyl's jack is worth 500 dollars but any way you cut it thats a ton of money for a car jack.The viper is a great deal at 75k but 75k is ton of money for a car, especially when you consider they are usually not daily drivers.

just my 2 cents.

OP
OP
Steve-Indy

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Called Snake-Oyl today...told that the jack weighs 85 lbs, saddle sits at 3.15 inches and raises to a height of 29.2 inches (UNusual !!!), and lifts 2800 lbs.