Nice Viper Pictures

Roland L-Ocala FL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Figured I might as well try to post a picture of our '94 with another open cockpit machine that can "fly"! Nice pictures above! Love the driveway to the house!
You must be registered for see images

Kurt 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rob, nice looking car!! Here is a re-cap of a recent post by JonB on "Winterizing your Viper":

1) Fresh, new, light oil....5-30. So when you DO start it, you will have pressure quickly, with NO pollutants in the oil.

2) Battery Tender - $50 -Snake Oyl. Battery wont die, and it wont cook battery.

3) FILL TIRES TO MAX SIDEWALL PRESSURE
(Remember to lower before driving.)

4) Park on carpet squares. 2 layers is better.

5) I live in the woods. Mouse-proof the underhood with a box of D-Con IF you have mice in your area! Mice eat wires and steal insulation. really !

6) Put away with fresh Zaino or wax job. Be sure to get ALL bug guts/film off the car.

7) Cover if ya got one!

8)Crack a window open if there is any humidity problem in storage. Better yet, use a Dri-Z-Air dessiacnt cannister.

9) FULL GAS TANK.

10) Don't alarm car WITHOUT battery tender!

If you feel like it, start the car every couple of weeks and allow to warm to operating temp. Move the car 3 feet fwd/back to re-oil the tranny gears and rear end gears.

Hope this helps, and thanks JonB.

P.S. I live in Dallas and plan on driving through the winter, if we have one!!! Sorry, Kurt

Rich Detert

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Beautiful car and house!

If possible, on better days drive the car long enough to warm it all the way up. If not, a battery tender is probably a good investment.