1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No money to fund racing but Dodge has money for stupid stuff like this:

Discussion in 'General Viper Discussion' started by Mopar Steve, Oct 9, 2014.

1. Mopar Steve

Mopar Steve Enthusiast

2. roller

roller Viper Owner

I agree! The Dodge commercials suck!

3. AZTVR

AZTVR Enthusiast

Agreed Dodge should quit marketing their brand. Especially to the Motley Crue crowd. Losers with no money for cars. :crazy2:

4. theviper

theviper Enthusiast

And no class. No one is going to take Dodge or SRT seriously with this crap. Good luck converting the Porsche, Aston Martin, Ferrari, etc crowd over with this stuff.

5. cfiiman

cfiiman Viper Owner

Well at least he mentioned Viper lol.

6. Free2go

Free2go Enthusiast

Maybe Dodge is going back to their roots...marketing towards REAL Americans. Piss on the Porsche, Aston Martin and Ferrari crowd. And piss on this post. On a different note , Vince Neil sure as hell porked out didn't he?

7. theviper

theviper Enthusiast

You're right, Dodge should go back to their roots and market to people with no education, class, or money. That should really help the Viper program survive.

Hey Dodge, how's that been working out for you? Viper sales have been awesome, right?

We all know the Gen V launch was a bust. But it wasn't a bust because they didn't go low class enough. It was a bust because they didn't sufficiently market the Viper as a true world class sports car. I'm sorry, but Vince Neil half stoned does not portray that either.

That said, I'm sure this video is a one-off for a one time event. I hope we have no need to worry that this will be their new platform!!

8. Free2go

Free2go Enthusiast

People like you are why they call the VCA "The Morgue".

9. theviper

theviper Enthusiast

??. No clue what you are talking about. But I'm starting to understand why that video appeals to you and not me. Have a great day.

10. Free2go

Free2go Enthusiast

You're right about one thing, you don't have a clue. And how classy on your part to infer I have no class because you think the video appeals to me. Jag off

11. GRANGER73

GRANGER73 Enthusiast

Is there a dumber commercial than "Don't touch my Dodge Dart?" Wow it's kind of scary.

12. Fangs10

Fangs10 Enthusiast

If Vince is driving you know it won't be very long until he has someone else take over.

13. denniskgb

denniskgb Enthusiast

Its free why not...nothing is better than free advertisement. And its not only Vipers but all other Dodge models too.

14. Bobpantax

Bobpantax Enthusiast

The commercial seems appropriate for a Dart. It plays quite frequently which means it is working or they would not pay for it to run. The part that annoys the heck out of me is when the neighbor throws the bird seed on the hood at the end of one of the variants and the owner stands there and does nothing. One of us would probably clock someone who did that to our snake. LOL.

15. speedracervr4

speedracervr4 Enthusiast

Rough crowd. It's a great marketing tool to get people out and around Dodge/SRT products. The adverage guy/girl could careless about the racing program,few even know about the league. The concert was probably put in place prior to the cancelling of the racing program.

16. Bobpantax

Bobpantax Enthusiast

What does marketing a Dart have to do with marketing a Viper? Nothing. I can assure you that with the introduction and excellent promotion of the Hellcats, any performance oriented person is taking Dodge very, very seriously.

17. Free2go

Free2go Enthusiast

Mr. Neil...who was obviously saying what Dodge told him to say...said to "bring your Challenger, Charger, or VIPER". Now, if a bunch of people are gonna be at this event, what car do you think their gonna be salivating over? It doesn't matter what they say, this is officially a Viper event.

18. theviper

theviper Enthusiast

You quoted the wrong post Bob.:)

19. EllowViper

EllowViper Enthusiast

Finally took a look at the ad....No big deal IMO. Just marketing to a 'segment' of car enthusiasts....not just any and all potential buyers. Just like not all TV viewers watch Gas Monkey Fast & Loud. Just a segment of viewers. Now if this ad ran during the superbowl....eeegads

20. ViperJeff

ViperJeff VCA Legacy Member - UT/AZ

It was originally promoted as a Viper, Challenger, Charger Event. In just the last week they opened it up to other Dodge products. It appears they might not have had enough people register to fill the venue. LOL

21. Free2go

Free2go Enthusiast

22. Free2go

Free2go Enthusiast

That's what I thought. I keep forgetting this is the forum that grew up with Audra Hepburn and Bob Hope.

23. Bobpantax

Bobpantax Enthusiast

Your use of the word "b****" dates you too. LOL.

24. Free2go

Free2go Enthusiast

I watched a little Bob Hope and HeeHaw from my Grandmammy's lap. Then it was MTV and Bartles & James....

25. wikkid

wikkid Viper Owner

You would pork out to with all the ***** he is eating,,,,,

26. Free2go

Free2go Enthusiast

Dodge couldn't have picked a wilder frontman in Vince Neil for this venue.....vehicular manslaughter, assault, sexual assault, multiple DWI's, criminal trespass, battery and disorderly conduct, reckless driving, and three divorces. Woooooohooooo!

27. Free2go

Free2go Enthusiast

And he never served more than 15 days in jail.

28. Lawrenzo

Lawrenzo Enthusiast

It's far from free- If I were to bet I say that Dodge will likely be paying the Crue in excess of $50,000 for their concert appearance in addition to all the other promo $ they are paying out- They are definitely not doing it out of the kindness of their hearts.

29. mad0953

mad0953 Enthusiast

The Who are going back on tour.

30. St.Char

St.Char Viper Owner

Haha...yeah he sure did, maybe from spending to much time at his Vegas restaurant