No More Dodge!!!!!!!!!

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now being in the UK I know that Chrysler Dodge had a problem marketing the 'Viper' name as it was used on some Kit car here, and so the cars had to be debadged to sell them, so SRT10 was used, But for me the words Dodge and Viper go hand in hand.

Kids in schools and the general public all seem to know the words 'Dodge Viper' anything else just does not seem right to me.

I know Chevrolet split the branding names with Corvette, but in current adverts advertising Chevrolet's (in Europe) ....Sorry I will rephrase that 'Korean Daywoos' the Corvette is featured in their adverts :(

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a slap in the face to all us current DODGE VIPER owners if you ask me :censored: So all of a sudden the word Dodge is not good enough and we all should be ashamed of it! They basically just devalued all current Vipers by doing this!! :mad:

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really, everyone has their underwear in a bunch because it's no longer a "Dodge Viper". Who cares!!!!!!!!!!!! Call it what you want, just make it the baddest car out there, end of story.

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would rather them drop the Dodge in the Viper name than add Fiat to it. Owning a "Fiat Viper" doesn't roll off the tongue very well. I see this as a positive. Unlike Daimler, Fiat is making long term decisions to manage the former Dodge models like they already have managed Ferrari. Fiat owns Ferrari but it never changed the name to Fiat. This indicates that there is a long term plan to organize a now large car company instead of having a merger of unequals like Daimler did when they owned and failed with Chrysler.

To real car enthusiests, the name Dodge will really still live on in the way the Shelby Cobra and Datona are undeniably the inspiration to the Viper.

johniew398

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see if the SRT brand makes it. Afterall, they won't have Dodge carrying them anymore financially. Of course, I am
assuming Dodge was carrying them.

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Repost but apropos....

Garage_Smack_Talk.jpg

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The irony is this beautiful machine , for years , raced in Europe and beyond , as a Chrysler Viper. Regardless of the moniker placed in front , and likely even with SRT, folks will refer to this legendary vehicle in the same manner as Beyonce, Cher, Madonna, etc ( example only ) are announced. It only needs one name for everyone to understand the emotion and passion, and that name is Viper. Now , quit laughing , I have no emotion at all for any of those three examples, just illustrating how some things folks know what/who they are just by one name.

Last edited: