NY/NJ/CT - VOI 9 Anyone going?

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes going and shipping our cars from Long Island Hopefully. so far 4 of us for sure and we might have room for two more cars. trying to get a 6 car trailer to do a pick up on L.I and drop them back to us after VOI. still working details..

OP
OP
H

Hal_N

Viper Owner
Reaction score
When I registered for VOI 9, I also filled out the form for "Reliable" to ship my car.....If you guys are not using them for shipping, who are you using? Is it cheaper?
If you you need another spot filled let me know.
I spoke to "Reliable" And if they have enough cars from the Island, then a pick up would be arranged somewhere about the Nassau/Suffolk line....depends where most owners lived. And that price is about $3000.00 round trip..Im sure you checked...But anyway let me know what you have in mind.....Thx

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't miss this for anything. This is my third VOI and I'm shipping it both ways. I've used Reliable for the last two VOI's and I havn't had any problems.

OP
OP
H

Hal_N

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hmmm Drive car? Ship car?? Drive car?? Ship car???

Hmmm....5 days to .... 5 days at....5 days back... :confused:
Ok?!....fuel...$$$...lodging...$$$.....food...$$$
Then there's the ..."Is there a problem Officer??" :nono: "Nice car "Son"..Neeeww Yorker huh?? License & Registation please" :curse:
Hmmm
Bail...$$$...Lawyer...$$$$$$$$$....Fine from back woods Judge..$$$$$$$$$...Impound Fees...$$$...Viper??? What Viper?? Billy Joe.. did you see a Viper here???? :eek: :eek:

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BTDT. I drove one-way from Boston to LV and beyond to SF and LA. 21 days and 6500 miles later, I had 0 tickets after being stopped 3 times mainly to check out the car. I've never used radar detectors.

I recommend doing side trips in the Grand Circle (Utah, Colorado, New Mexico and Arizona). They have lots of road accessible national park drives with scenic lookouts (and I mean stunning scenery). Staying on the highways for 2800 miles (even if it's a Viper convoy) will be a grand shame (sorry). If you don't have enough time, it's worth driving one-way and shipping the other.

Enjoy!

VPRTKMIKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
we can set up for naa to pick up and deliver @ snake pit. i can keep the cars inside before and after.... reliable can't offer that.....

OP
OP
H

Hal_N

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well....My last post was only a joke....No disrepect to my brother "Enthusiasts" who prefer to drive .. :2tu: .. "If" I had the time I would drive..and who knows...I might hit lotto by then and not have to work anymore..But it will be my busy season at work and shipping is the only way that I'll be able to attend the event "and" have my car.......

So I'm in for the $2700.00 round trip...It was $3000.00 for "Reliable" and that was the base price for the region....Having to pick up on LI might inccur more $$ if not enough cars in this area.

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
reliable wants $3k for each car round trip. need to make a few more phone calls. cars will be picked up in the old brookville areas and dropped off in the same spot. $16k CASH sounds expensive for one truck, one driver for a week.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
reliable wants $3k for each car round trip. need to make a few more phone calls. cars will be picked up in the old brookville areas and dropped off in the same spot. $16k CASH sounds expensive for one truck, one driver for a week.

Looks like the trucking business is where the money is.

VPRTKMIKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey keith think about the cost of the truck, fuel, insurance,corp fees, and so on and they really don't make that much money when all is said and done.

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to hijack this thread, but if you're getting into town early on Sunday keep the Nevada Region Barbeque at Sheri's Ranch in mind. We'd love to have as many of you out of towners show up as possible. See you at VOI.

Reaction score
ted u really driving for 5 days?
D, I drove Charlie's car to Calif. and Fla. a few times (of coarse it doesn't indicate that on his speedo) for www.hotrod.com pour tour. It took 3 1/2 days to Vegas. Not pushing it. It's 2500 miles NY to Vages. 3 1/2 days, 715 miles a day, at "65 mph", 11 hours a day driving. Straight west on route 80. Stopped for gas, left a leak, got something to eat, and ate in car. As Mike www.snakepitperformance.com mentioned, I got 21 mpg when I drove back from Dallas, WITH the PAXTON blower. Soooooooo, 2500 miles, at 21 mpg, for say, 2.80 a gal. = $325. gas plus tax and lodging. Dam tax.

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks for the invite..that would be great! is it at the wh*re house?

Yes. We'll be outside with the cars parked on the lawn around the pool. We are working on securing use of the pool and the volleyball courts. We've had this event the last two years and each year we have improved it. This year we've already started working with the GM to make it the best yet.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4