Odometre conversion from miles to kms

SPARTICUZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anybody know how to convert odometre reading from miles to kilometres???
I took my US viper in for DRL, had the country code changed to Canada and lights now go on but the Odometre still reads in miles.
Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Leo

OP
OP
S

SPARTICUZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that's too funny :) I guess I could do that...
The dealership said that there is no way, only way is to buy new cluster which i call bull**** on.
Anyone know of any code please tell me.

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
buy a euro speedo its a straight swap with no messing around, then sell your US speedo, thats what we do over here

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WHY NOT JUST MEMORIZE THE IMPORTANT #'S

62 mph = 100 Kmph, etc, there are only so many speed limits in Canada, 100, 110, 50 , 60., if you ever sell your car, there is a much greater US market that you would prevent yourself form selling to with a kilometer reading speedo

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Leave it alone, as it could severely impact resale if you try to sell it back in the States. Currently it could rationally be sold in Canada or back in the US, but once you alter the speedometer it will have to have an odometer statement that reads mileage unknown in many States in the US ---- this means there would be no chance to get it back to US specs properly. Just squint and read those little listings for KMs. or just put a tiny piece of read pinstriping tape at a couple of designated areas ( like normal highway limit, etc. )

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My car was originally Canadian... then changed to a US odometer. My carfax shows up with odometer issues. Since it's not a garaged investment queen, I didn't care when I bought it, but it's something to keep in mind if you're looking to do these conversions.

OP
OP
S

SPARTICUZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will probably just keep it US miles. I will be getting my car inspected and I think they just put a sticker somewhere stating that the milage is in miles rather than KMS.

Roadrunner

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sparticuz,

You can replace the cluster and sidepod with canadian kilo units if you want. The cars original mileage is not changed that way... it will however report out in km instead of mi. Keep the US cluster and side guages if you want to sell back into the US. The mileage would be switched back at that point. Probably not cheap, but it's nicer to see the km/hr in big number rather than little too... and your trip and total odo will be in km. Very clean swap just not cheap... Maybe Bill P. can get you a price on the cluster and aux guages.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32