Okay, I have searched now I'm asking, Re: rear subwoofer

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How to remove / replace? Mine is popping at high volume, got a new one. I don't suppose Dodge did something smart like allowing me to just pop off the grill and I will see easily visible screws to remove the speaker and replace it easily with a new one?
Do I have to remove the whole rear panel behind the seats just to get at the speaker ??
So will it take only the pace lap of the Brickyard tomorrow to make this happen, or will I be well into the race ??

Thanks

GTSHolgi

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I don't have the OEM Speaker installed but I think, that it was mounted in the same way as my aftermarket woofer, means you can just Pop off the grille to Access the screws that hold the woofer in place. Sorry to disappoint you regarding the smartness of Dodge :smirk:

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The OE sub can be removed from inside the viper, no need to remove the bulkhead. The grille just pulls out, no screws. Remove it with a smallish screwdriver or plastic prying tool. The sub and it's plastic mounting ring are held in with 4 screws. It has a wiring clip (neg and pos).

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well that took all of a minute. Wish it still wasn't so hard to post pics or I would post the crumbling of my original speaker, yep, that thing was done !

diablovox

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The OE sub can be removed from inside the viper, no need to remove the bulkhead. The grille just pulls out, no screws. Remove it with a smallish screwdriver or plastic prying tool. The sub and it's plastic mounting ring are held in with 4 screws. It has a wiring clip (neg and pos).

The photos are gone (old thread, I know), but what year Viper is this? I have a '06 convertible and was looking to replace the factory sub, took the grille screws out, but the subwoofer screws aren't accessible from there..