OPINIONS: '97 GTS w/ stock headers & no cats...**** delete vs corsa catback

JeremyBlackwell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OPINIONS: \'97 GTS w/ stock headers & no cats...**** delete vs corsa catback

hey guys. still trying to get my 3rd viper, but i have some parts left over off of my last one and am looking for more...
the car i am (hopefully) getting is a '97 GTS, which i will modify with K&N, smooth tubes, and no cats.
i had this same combo with the muffler delete on my last viper, and LOVED the sound at idle, liked a lot upon standard acceleration, but felt that at WOT after 4500rpm-5000rpm when you let off the gas to shift it made a HORRIBLE raspy/ricey/obnoxious sound.
i found a GREAT deal on a Corsa cat back exhaust. i have heard the corsa is fairly quiet compared to most exhausts, and i do not want that. i would like the same idle/part-throttle sound and loudness of the no cat/no muffler set-up, but would like the WOT after 5000rpm sound to be toned down a bit.

-any advice?
-will the corsa provide much more horsepower gain over a muffler delete or snake oyl rear section exhaust?
-do the snake oyl rear section exhausts have a crossover tube that might prevent the obnoxious high rpm sound?

i haven't been around enough vipers to say for myself...thanks again guys!

SSSSE YA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: OPINIONS: \'97 GTS w/ stock headers & no cats...**** delete vs corsa catback

-will the corsa provide much more horsepower gain over a muffler delete or snake oyl rear section exhaust?

yes a little

-do the snake oyl rear section exhausts have a crossover tube that might prevent the obnoxious high rpm sound?

I dont know
:usa: