Overwhelmed with attention!

vvvviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
250 miles on my RT/10 now. (working on getting some pictures up on the board) The "gawk factor" on this car is just unreal. I never had anything even moderately close to this kind of attention in my C5. I mean sure, I knew some people might look if I got a Viper, and hey, maybe that's part of the reason I got it. But I'm telling you I can't pass a driver or a pedestrian without getting a gauntlet of reaction: always looks if not something to say, cute smiles, flashes (already), something to scream, open mouths, kids tugging dads shirt, kids on bikes after me, ricer rocket fly bys. etc etc. The only segment unfazed are the "blue hairs" who are sitting so low they can't see me anyway. - I'm just trying to break the car in properly, get from point A to B and enjoy the ride along the way.

You all must get this too. Do you ever get used to it? Don't get me wrong, the attention is great. (most of it) ..Guess I'm just not fully used to it. (yet)

unclgreggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sleepersn95,
you sure got it right! I couldn't agree more. It seems the more I drive my car the more annoying the stares, the cheers, the constant questions, the tailgating , and the "rev the engine guys" become. it makes owning this car a real pain sometimes.

IMSOSLO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had my car for almost two years and the attention still surprises me. I always let the kids sit in the car when I get a chance (getting gas etc.) It makes their day. Maybe I need to get a life but I think the attention is great. However, still have never been flashed, I must be doing something wrong.

Ken

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You will get used to it after while. You get to know what is like to be a big time celebrity when you are driving it, but you can always "shed" that image when you leave the car (unless you just happen to be a big time celebrity). Eventually the people will get used to it in your neighborhood and will resort to a polite wave whenever you pass. Just remember that you will never be able to pick your nose in public again.
laugh.gif

Oh, and you WILL get little old ladies that will comment on it eventually. I once had about an 80-year-old woman come up to me outside a restaurant who commented, "What a beautiful Ferrari!" I smiled and told her thanks - it was great. Enjoy!

Chris

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
About 6 yrs ago when I got my first Viper I thought the reactions would die down as more cars were produced. Well, the numbers are still pretty low, and given that most dealers don't even have them on the lot, there remains a huge gawk factor.The only part of it that bothers me is the tailgaters and the ones who simply ride along precisely in your blind spot in the left lane.Kids in lowered pocket rockets will always give it gas at the light--but that's been going on as long as there have been cars.

Viper99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The day you will regret is the day the car DOESN'T get attention.
For now, enjoy it!
These cars are head turners and show stoppers and that's fine by me.
I even carry a Polaroid camera in the car so that little kids can get a picture of them by the car when they come over to gawk. Talk about ear to ear smiles!

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
yeah, I agree with some of the ealier post about the attention getting old sometimes. I guess it depends on what mood I'm in. I don't like the attention where people act like idiots such as tail gating, screaming out the windows and shady looking people hoovering around the car. just my $0.02

Dion Fisher

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I work with literally hundreds of people a week as a Functional Test Inspector at Boeing so I deal with many different social levels which leads me to many different questions about how I became solvent enough to buy this and two other new cars as well as many other larger toys.. The conversation usually ends in blank stares and dumbfounded looks unless I have found somebody with a light on to talk to..

About 4 years ago I was getting envious types of reactions I didn't like, but developed a thick shell and now only pay attention to the positive reactions..

Do I like the attention?? ABSOLUTELY!!
smile.gif

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMSOSLO, you'll get flashed eventually. Give it time.
laugh.gif
Oh and as was stated by a few people above, just about every sports car or big pickup truck that passes me has to rev up their engine when they go by. I get a big kick out of that. I love going to small towns with the Viper. People go totally nuts.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456