PA Viper Owner ???

NOTV8

Viper Owner
Reaction score
For PA owner, where does most go for their inspection? I move from NJ and now need to do inspections in PA. I called around without telling them what kind of car it will be and all said that it will need to be driven. Is this true? Reason I ask is in NJ, the state inspection I got is just looking on my odometer reading. Also it will be done every year and not every two years. And just know now that there is no such thing in PA :dunno:.

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For PA owner, where does most go for their inspection? I move from NJ and now need to do inspections in PA. I called around without telling them what kind of car it will be and all said that it will need to be driven. Is this true? Reason I ask is in NJ, the state inspection I got is just looking on my odometer reading. Also it will be done every year and not every two years. And just know now that there is no such thing in PA :dunno:.

Yes and no.
Theoretically, yes they need to drive it. and minimum of 2 wheels needs to get yanked off to verify pad thickness/rotor thickness etc... And thats every year.

Now.... IF you would happen to know a great inspection guy with box full of stickers, things will be much easier... See my point.....:D

First of all, where are you located??

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My local dealer in Delware County, who has taken care of me and my vehicles for years, also takes very good care of my Viper. Inpections and all.

OP
OP
N

NOTV8

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes and no.
Theoretically, yes they need to drive it. and minimum of 2 wheels needs to get yanked off to verify pad thickness/rotor thickness etc... And thats every year.

Now.... IF you would happen to know a great inspection guy with box full of stickers, things will be much easier... See my point.....:D

First of all, where are you located??

I'm located at 18352 if that help....

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of the Pocono guys can probably let you know where they go, I will email them and ask since some of them dont frequent the forum.

Jerome Sparich

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know a guy a few mins from Pocono Raceway. Will that help you?

I would trust him with anything and he will let you stand right with him in you want. No worries about the car being out of your site.

OP
OP
N

NOTV8

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That is great. I am around 10 miles or so away from Pocono Raceway and pass it almost everyday going to work. I also found a chevy dealer by RT. 209 that the service person said he will try to get the right person and might not need to drive it (I kinda insist on it). I already register the car and only have 10 days to get it inspected :dunno: and today is that day :crazy2:. I will try to get it done this week end. I'm not sure if there is any penalty if you go over ten days or so.

Jerome Sparich

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is great. I am around 10 miles or so away from Pocono Raceway and pass it almost everyday going to work. I also found a chevy dealer by RT. 209 that the service person said he will try to get the right person and might not need to drive it (I kinda insist on it). I already register the car and only have 10 days to get it inspected :dunno: and today is that day :crazy2:. I will try to get it done this week end. I'm not sure if there is any penalty if you go over ten days or so.

I will PM you the info in a few mins.

I am always up that way, my bro and his family live just off of 903, half way between JT and Blakeslee. I had a place there too.

Careful with those dealerships. Just saying..........don't ask.

PM SENT

Last edited:

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where are you at in Pa? I have a guy that takes care of me. If you are in my area I can PM you his info etc...

I do NOT like people touching my car so it works out perfect for me. "I" know if it needs anything, don't need somebody pulling it apart to tell me. That said I only have 2000 miles on mine so it is pretty unlikely I will need brakes etc...

snakem04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im looking for a new inspection guy as well. I had a great guy who did my inspections. I would be at the inspection 10 minutes tops. I would pull in he would check a few necessary things and slap a sticker on it. No test drive. Great guy but he retired last year. i asked my brother where he takes his car and he said he has it done a brodheadsville chevy which you metioned. Pa state law is that the car must be driver 15-20 mph. So he has them drive it in the parking lot and he watches. Thats basically the best youll get unless you know somebody like the guy i knew. Ill send a pm as well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang