Packing up for OTC....

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We're packing up and getting ready to leave for the 7 tracks in 7 days event (similar to One Lap of America), we'll be in Pahrump tomorrow getting ready for the first track Spring Mtn. John (SSpeed Racer) Dearing and I will represent the Viper community in Touring 1 class (street tires)in his fairly stock '02 GTS and Paul (PMUM) Mumford will represent us in Unlimited 1 in his Comp Coupe. I understand Viper Quarterly Magazine will be there following the action for the next issue. This will be a good test as to the endurance of the CC, if you wanna see the day to day track results go to www.opentrackchallenge.com This will be no cake walk, the CC is up agains those DCB Radicals (3 of them) in U1 and John and I will be up again a Mosler Photon in T1, we'll try to do the Viper community proud.

JoeB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good Luck Guys!

SoCal Rebell and SSpeed Racer are "DA MEN"

A Mosler--Yeah, thats a street car, My *SS!!

PMUM and the Radicals---> Its just not fair---> Poor Radicals

I'll be there to help out in the pits at Buttonwillow and Thunderhill.

Joe B (Tire Changer Expert) 01 :usa:

OP
OP
S

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's a DBC Radical??
Thanks JoeB 01 for your tire changing support :cool:

DCB Radicals are Dirty Cheating Bast*rd Radicals, they are 1,100 lb. itty bitty cars with either 205 or 250 HP motorcycle engines, really fast cars but I don't think they should be classed in U1. On the upside they're sposored by a Scotch company so I'll be hangin' with them a little :laugh:

Roger Morgan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good luck Ron and John, hard to believe that PMUM will be driving the CC. I saw his car only last thursday in Phoenix and there was NO BODY on it ( out for painting )I guess those guys at RaceCraft are fast workers, but oh did it look good undressed.
Youz guys have fun and bring home the trophys.
I am about to start packing for Phoenix-VD, my car now has a full cage by RaceCraft and a lightweight hood from Fat Alberts.

SoCal Craig

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good luck Ron and John :) . I'm sure you'll make us proud :usa:

I was at Spring Mountain last weekend for the first time. Very fun track, but might be better suited to a Radical (with itty bitty 1.3 liter Suzuki Hayabusa motor) or Dave K's supercharged S2K (I took my stock one). Rupert was lapping faster than us all in a stock Z06. Rumor has it you guys go way back :laugh:

OP
OP
S

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good luck Ron and John :) . I'm sure you'll make us proud :usa:

I was at Spring Mountain last weekend for the first time. Very fun track, but might be better suited to a Radical (with itty bitty 1.3 liter Suzuki Hayabusa motor) or Dave K's supercharged S2K (I took my stock one). Rupert was lapping faster than us all in a stock Z06. Rumor has it you guys go way back :laugh:

Haha yeah Craig there's a little history, I've never driven a lap at Pahrump, last year we had brake problems and John only got 4 laps the whole day.

Roger, you go boy, John will actually be at PIR on Sunday, our last track day with OTC is LVMS on Sat., he's gonna run run that and drive to Phoenix that night.