Paint Protection

Photog1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a new 06 vert and I want it to stay looking new. What I am looking for is ideas on what I can put behind the wheels for protection from road debris. No I don't want to put giant chrome mud flaps on :nono: :D . I have heard there is some kind of 3m material that you can put on but is there a source for that and what about installation. I know one guy is having something put on his vert at Prefix but I don't want to have to ship the car off to have this taken care of. For the nose I am seriously considering a bra from Speed Lingerie.
Any Help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks
Rob :2tu:

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Installers of clear bra material seem to be pretty common across the country. I wouldpost on tihs board to seeif any other members have alocal shop they ca nrecommend in your area. Worst case scenario, look in the phone book for a reputable auto detailer. Many have added clearbbra protection as part of their services.

From personal experience with my SRT-10 convertible, the clear bra material works great. I had it applied to my entire hood, front bumper/fascia, under the lip of the front bumper, along the side fenders and side panels (not the doors other tha a thin strip at the door edges, the side sills (although the heat of the sills baked the clear material slightly with some hazing as a result), rear bumper, side mirrors, and behind the rear wheels.

There are also many different types of film (3M, Xpel, Invincashield, ClearBra) but most have great optical clarity and strength. I highly recommend it.

/Rich

valentine_viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There is an entire 3M clear bra kit for the Viper. You can buy the whole thing or just the pieces you want. This includes pieces that protect the areas behind the wheels as well as the side sills. I have it on mine and it's great. Gives real protection and is virtually invisible.

Do a web search on "clear bra" and you will get dozens of sites. Shouldn't be too hard to find an installer in your area. You could also check with local detail shops and high end car dealerships. If they don't install it themselves, they will probably know who does.

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Go to the 3M website and look for paint protection. Type in your zip and it will list all authorized dealers/installers in your area.

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have the clear bra behind both the front and rear wheels. Works real nice. Photoq i like u're h rims. i just ordered a set for my red vert.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi