Enthusiast
Reaction score
For those of you who always wondered what it would look like:
Pics here

I kept the original yellow one's to put it back to stock if I change my mind :D

Blue Pilot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think I prefer the original yellow also. At least you tried and you never know how something will look until you try it.

GCHDEALER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Be Glad that they are easy to take out and change back to stock. BTW I love your Radio/Nav. Which Kenwood Model is it?
Chad

Kiaser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It might look good on another color, but not yellow imo...

maybe a strong to light fade of color coming out of the individual vents themselves would look good, but then again it'd have to be another color cause a black fade coming out would just make it look like it was dirty.

unreelviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wayne, thanks for showing us what not to do to our louvers. IMO......they look terrible, but "different strokes for different folks."

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Be Glad that they are easy to take out and change back to stock. BTW I love your Radio/Nav. Which Kenwood Model is it?
Chad
That head unit with the screen is nifty, but man after three months of highs above 100F every day the thought of blocking the air conditioning vents brings a tear to my eye (can't wait until winter and my missing 50 hp come back).

P.S. Also nice to see James and Lars on that little screen! (I'm from Phoenix so I used to hang with Jason all the time - bad news is he is a Mustang guy!)

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I think maybe he was trying to "emphasize" on the louvers cause they look cool, but now they look tacky....But it's your car.

OP
OP
W

Wayne

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks all for the feedback:
The DVD is the Kenwood Excelon 815 with the 3100 Navigation W/V.Command.

Ya, I wasn't in awe of the louvers myself.
Actually, I kinda thought it looked like a big set of bushy eyebrows over a set of cool eyes (headlights).
Nonetheless, it was worth the $$$ just to see what it would look like.
Like I said, I kept the stock ones to put back on in case this happened.

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you're up for trying something new, it might look good to paint the overall louvers back to yellow, but then fog (gradient) the individual louver vanes from black to yellow

OP
OP
W

Wayne

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put the stock ones in yellow back on within a few hours of the original swap after seeing them.

I will throw the black ones out on Ebay some day when I feel like jacking with it and let the next guy try his experiment. :headbang:

On to the next experiment I go :rolleyes: I kind of like the LED third brake light idea myself...but then again, I thought the louvers were going to look good :eek:

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wayne,
i painted the radio surround yellow.
that looked good IMHO.. jeff (yellow fever) now has the car.

radio0002.jpg

radio0001.jpg

nothing wrong with trying new ideas...
cheers
Jim

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to sound like a Ricer but it would probably look better if you chromed the "hood speakers" instead of painting the louvers. (Quickly putting on flame suit)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc