Passenger window

Viper 24

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a clicking sound when opening or closing the passenger window; also tends to create a small flicker in the console lights. The driver side does not have the same issue. Is anyone familar with this issue, or know the remedy?

Thx - jm

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a clicking sound when opening or closing the passenger window; also tends to create a small flicker in the console lights. The driver side does not have the same issue. Is anyone familar with this issue, or know the remedy?

Thx - jm
It sounds like a spring has come off track and may be making direct contact w/ the glass as it is moving up. The lights flickering...hmmm, maybe the increased resistance to the glass moving is creating extra load on the power...i dunno, just my .02 cents.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It sounds like a spring has come off track and may be making direct contact w/ the glass as it is moving up. The lights flickering...hmmm, maybe the increased resistance to the glass moving is creating extra load on the power...i dunno, just my .02 cents.

I had that clicking on my drivers side when I first bought my SRT/10. I asked them to check it out before I took delievery.
They ended up changing out the window modulator. About $1,000 retail just for the part.:(
I'd take it in for warrenty.

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the same thing but mine is more of a "clunk" when the widow is either fully opened or closed. No issue with the lights though. I had it checked out and they really couldn't see what the problem is but said the new part (motor/track) installed was well over $1000. So I decided to live with the sound and wait until it stops working before I do any repairs. Who knows...it may never stop working!

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had mine taken in the dealer when the driver side started getting a little loud when it hit the bottom of the window travel. Window regulator was replaced.

Raheel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the same problem on the drivers side window. The regulator was replaced. It was covered under warranty but was above a $1000 item.

OP
OP
V

Viper 24

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow, hope its not the modulator, my viper is out of warranty. Actually window operation is fine, this is more of an electronic clicking that is coming from under the dash (driver side). The light flickering seems to be related, occurs when I raise the passenger window. I can trigger the click and light flicker when the window is up and I flip the window switch.

Kinda strange, will take to the dealer next week.

jm