Paxton Supercharger SRT long term results.

Daniel Cragin/DC Performance Inc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We have now finished numerous Paxton Supercharger systems on the SRT's including the truck. We are impressed with the repeatability and consistent results produced. The base package has consistently come in about 600-610rwhp and our stage 2 system about 650-660rwhp (base system with side exhaust). We have several cars with mileage on the kits, no problems and none anticipated. Unlike the GTS kits, we have not found it necessary to change the calibrations to tune the system to each car. The vehicle does not run hotter and is less effected by hot soak (compared to the earlier systems).

It takes our technicians about 24hrs to do the install. The crankshaft is pinned, all the oil and intercooler lines are carefully routed and covered in places so they do not rub, special attention is given to the fuel system and the wiring of the timing controller. We feel all this attention to detail will keep this system reliable years down the road. We have made a few changes to the system that we feel make a good product even better and Paxton is always listening.

Our support from Paxton has been great. Mika, our sales representitive is always there for us if we have a concern. We are very pleased with this new product.

Samurai75007

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any on the new four door autos yet? I know that they only have been coming in this month (2 at out dealership now) but do you expect to do one? Pics when you do it?

ViperGMC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dan,

I have just over 2K miles, and 120 laps on a track with the Paxton. It is still scary stomping on the pedal, but my drive to/from work everyday is exhilarating. My only concern on the install was the closeness of the pulleys, but that has not been am issue. No one was able to keep up with me on the track and I was not coming close to maxing it out. I am still very cautious after each shift, not to stomp the pedal. I can spin the wheels all the way through fourth gear. I have not installed the 3.55 gear set yet as I am hesitant about even more wheel spin. The other interesting observation is that the car pulls so strong right up to redline, which makes me wonder at what RPM does the power actually begin to drop off.

Gilbert Kee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got my 2004 back two days ago from Mike Adams (he did an amazing job), the car is running better than ever and dyno'd at 672 RWHP.
The only other mods I did was Belanger Headers and Corsa Pipes. I am amazed a bolt on can give all of that extra power and the car runs amazing.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We have had the same results Dan, and thanks for your expertise on working with this system. I think the close attention Paxton took to do alot of R&D, and to discuss with yourself and other very knowledgeble Techs, has paid off.

OP
OP
D

Daniel Cragin/DC Performance Inc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. We will be giving an automatic SRT truck to Paxton the first or second week of January. If all goes well it should come available right afterward.

As far as the when the power drops off on this kit, it doesn't. It still makes hp right to the 6200rpm cutout. Torque does start to fall off about 5500 rpm.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery