Pic of Valentine 1 mount in Coupe?

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i dont have a coupe but i use the suction cup mount up and to the left of the rear view mirror, and then have the cord go around the mirror(passenger side) then plug into the lighter.

Scott_in_FL

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I believe he's looking for a hard-wire install. There is power in the mirror, so I would tap that and run a short lead to the detector off to the left or right. Better yet would be to find a way to place a tiny plug recepticle on the mirror itself so that you can plug and unplug whenever you wish. That's a tough job though because you would need to disassemble the actual mirror housing.

EXHLR8N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ran the power off of the mirror wires - just splice them in.

The only issue is that this connection is not switched, so you have to remember to turn it off when parking the car.

OP
OP
J

johnk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys, was wondering if perhaps there's a way to fab a clip that would go under the front of the headliner to the right of the mirror and keep the V1 up high against the liner.

Paul S Lacey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wired mine onto the lighter fuse is under the dash taped and then the thin Valentine Wire is pushed into the trim on the drivers side held in with silicon the box is fixed using suckers but the bottom rests on the mirror, when parked you can just about see the Valentine if you look closly

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have my V1 hard wired to mirror. I must of got the right connections but mine turns off and on with ignition - power goes off to V1 in a few minutes when ignition is turned off.

John I use the regular suction cup holder and it works fine. The holder and V1 stays in the viper and in six months has never come off.

As soon As i get my Viper back from Adam I will put on a pic..

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Like Paul, I ran my wire across headliner and then down A-pillar and under dash connected to cigarete/accesory lighter in the center console. Mine is mounted right side of mirror with provided suction cups. Probably a 1-2" to side of miror an about 3" down from headliner. It has no blockage front or rear thru windows.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
http://www.countryjoycrafts.com/350Z/Mount.htm

Says it does work with vipers.

I think its probably better to have it above the mirror to allow for less vision impairment, but I will have to look, since i live in IL we have those damn IPASS deals so we can drive through toll roads without having to stop, and that sits right where most would put a radar detector in a coupe.

I need one of these, so probably going to be my next mod.

Jon

OP
OP
J

johnk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a follow-up. I ordered and received one of the mounts above, quality and function is excellent, so much so that you'd think it was an option offered by V1. It will work perfectly in my 06 Coupe and still allows access to the light switches and mirror flip thing. It also works perfectly in my new Expedion. You take the V1 suction cup mount, remove the suction cups and attach it to the new mount. I'm going to get another, as well as 2 more V1 suction cup mounts so I can have a hard mount in each vehicle as well as an additional suction cup mount for some other cars. Good luck.

vinny2

Viper Owner
Reaction score
what size did you get? i see they have a couple sizes for the "plain" mount.

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have 2 of those mounts 1 in my viper and the other in my mag srt8, both work well.

NoRice

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have my V1 hard wired to mirror. I must of got the right connections but mine turns off and on with ignition - power goes off to V1 in a few minutes when ignition is turned off.

John I use the regular suction cup holder and it works fine. The holder and V1 stays in the viper and in six months has never come off.

As soon As i get my Viper back from Adam I will put on a pic..

Do you remember what wires you tapped into?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang