Picked up my first Viper

pony23

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently sold my 2010 GT500 and picked up a new toy. Found a bone stock 03 viper with 22k on the odometer. Just ready for my to tear apart and modify. Lol. Car is much quicker than I thought it would be. Especially with some nice cool New England fall weather. :)

You must be registered for see images attach

My buddy took me took pick it up in his new toy. He bought himself a Ferrari 360 a few months ago. That was a great ride to pick her up in. :)

dester243

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice. Be careful with the viper as you will see the rear end can come around pretty fast.. even on low speed turns in 2nd gear.

Any mods planned yet?

ROYMAN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also if you are in CT, being from MA some words of advice-

1. Even if you have prior experience with cars of similar HP/torque - watch out on the roads... Roads in the Northeast are terrible and the tires, especially if stock, have a tendency to pull you with the slope of the road far more than other cars I have driven, namely when at speed
2. The stock tires react very poorly to cold temperatures, even when not in winter conditions... be careful, even in the fall

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it were my car the first modifications would be some light weight wheels and Super Sport tires. Then I'd have a real hard time not supercharging the thing! LOL

Enjoy the Viper! you made the right choice! Be prepared to get looks like a Mustang could never get, and discussions every time you fill it with fuel.

dester243

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Enjoy the Viper! you made the right choice! Be prepared to get looks like a Mustang could never get, and discussions every time you fill it with fuel.

Almost everytime I fill mine with fuel or go to the car wash to spray it off, everyone asks me what year is my Vette ??!?!?!? :) Even when I am standing right by the decals

OP
OP
P

pony23

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The tires were already changed to Michelin Sport Cups. Not a fan of them and I will put on Super Sports. Had them on my Mustang and lived them.

I already put on an ACR shifter handle and Dodge sill guards. :) Next will be exhaust and probably some spring caps.

OP
OP
P

pony23

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would really like to know how you would compare the Viper to your old stang? thanks!

The GT500 was a lot more comfortable to ride in. The engine has great power and is much smoother.

The Viper feels like a race car!!!!!! :)

SWolff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the new Viper. I came over from a 11' GT500 myself. The 500 was a fun car, but too refined for me. Viper is exactly what I was looking for! Good luck and enjoy it

Mamba55

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the new viper love the color. Welcome to the club as well.

SEEEEYA

Viper Owner
Reaction score
actually work for Ford now 20 yrs, they had an open house a couple of weeks ago with a car show, so I brought my 06 roadster, give you one guess who's car had the most attention:rolaugh:, still have guys coming up to me to talk about my car......love that

Ricketts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats! Welcome to the Viper family.

actually work for Ford now 20 yrs, they had an open house a couple of weeks ago with a car show, so I brought my 06 roadster, give you one guess who's car had the most attention:rolaugh:, still have guys coming up to me to talk about my car......love that

Ha ha, I've worked at Ford dealer a little over 13 years and customers ask me all the time why I have Viper hotwheels cars on my computer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets