Posi Quite Brake Pads, anyone ever run them on their viper

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was curious if anyone has ever used these on their viper. I put them on my wife’s Lexus and my Jeep Commander about a year and a half ago and love them. No squeaks, and very little dust. They actually feel better than my viper brakes with the EBC green pads. Any thoughts?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge-Viper-92-93-02-FRONT-Semi-Met-Brake-Pads-LOW-DUST-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQfitsZMakeQ3aDodgeQ7cModelQ3aViperQQhashZitem53e611e883QQitemZ360342218883QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Thanks,

Ed

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
have you ever considered EBC Reds? They are said to be very low dust, I bought them and will be installing them soon. There are also other options out there, I just wouldnt trust those pads stopping power on a viper, I'm sure our rotors get much hotter than the lexus or jeep, jonb has some good options give him a ring

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
have you ever considered EBC Reds? They are said to be very low dust, I bought them and will be installing them soon. There are also other options out there, I just wouldnt trust those pads stopping power on a viper, I'm sure our rotors get much hotter than the lexus or jeep, jonb has some good options give him a ring

I run these all around and they were extremely noisy at first but now they are quiet. I periodically get a tiny squeal and just pushing slightly harder it goes away.

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ya i did hear that, you have to get through the break in period and give them a fair shot and they will quite down :drive:

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ya i did hear that, you have to get through the break in period and give them a fair shot and they will quite down :drive:

It is definitely the truth, and I will say they were PAINFULLY loud during the break in period. Was a solid 500 miles or so but they are so quiet now I can't complain.

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
did you notice a big difference in dust from OEM pads, some users of the reds said there is virtually no dust

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
did you notice a big difference in dust from OEM pads, some users of the reds said there is virtually no dust

I ran glossy black wheels so yes there was dust, but DRAMATICALLY reduced. By far it was a huge difference, and I even upgraded to big brakes so more pad contact. I am sure when I pick up the new rotors the dust will increase slightly but as far as my glossy wheels, I saw less. If I still ran my stock wheels I am sure the dust would be almost unnoticeable for at least a month of driving or so. I can only provide my person opinion and that of the brakes that I have installed on other vehicles.

Just recently finished a Daves BBK for a local and we used reds on that one as well. Since I am not a brake expert and don't have experience with pads besides OEM and EBC Reds you should definitely give Jon B a ring. He can be found at partsrack.com. He can give you plenty of details about every pad and get you where you need to go. Pads took me a while to decide on.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte