Pre 2000 Vipers, You are now FLAKIES in my book!

Mastiff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:curse: I get tired of these turds and this creampuff horse$hit, The engine was improved, it runs smoother and is more efficient after 99. Most of today's high-end sports cars use cast pistons...ZO6, genIII viper, porche, just to name a few.

:shocked: Stick with 2000 and up, unless you want your paint to bubble up, oil leaks, unfinished interior, no ABS, a lumpy engine that sounds like it could die at any minute when cold, and a more restrictive manifold/exhaust. Anyone who spends 10-15G's on a blower can find another 15hun to throw in the forged internals. 6-700rwhp is enough for most anyway.

You must be registered for see images
If anyone is sitting there thinking "here we go, with this my car is better bull$hit," .....well exactly! That is exactly what that condescending cream puff crap is. I don't see how calling someone else's car a creampuff is not at least a little insulting, and yes, maybe I'm feeling a little sensitive about this $hit.

:evilmad: I want to give you pre-00 ****** some stupid, horse$hit name. What do you think, I know we are out numbered more than 2-1, but these fuka's need a handle too. How about bubbles, or lump. Maybe we should stick with the pastry theme and call them "flakies", because there paint tends to flake apart. Ya, this is a little petty, but I'm bored and the winter just started, this could get ugly, flame suit is on, let the $hit hit the fan! :hitfan:

Inferno--> :buttkick: <--Pre-00 crowd, possibly everyone, this could hurt.

ps: I hope this thread is fun, I am willing to take a beating, as long as those of you that have flakies don't get too out of control. :D

You must be registered for see images

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stick with 2000 and up, unless you want your paint to bubble up, oil leaks, unfinished interior, no ABS, a lumpy engine that sounds like it could die at any minute when cold, and a more restrictive manifold/exhaust .

HUH...........

Check your research, tubular exhaust manifolds came out on the 98 car

OP
OP
I

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Stick with 2000 and up, unless you want your paint to bubble up, oil leaks, unfinished interior, no ABS, a lumpy engine that sounds like it could die at any minute when cold, and a more restrictive manifold/exhaust .

HUH...........

Check your research, tubular exhaust manifolds came out on the 98 car

:shocked: sshhhh, I'm trying to gain some momentum, besides the exhaust is more restrictive pre2000. Let's talk about why you sold your Flakie for a creampuff. :D

Custom Builder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hypertutectonictical pistons rule. Hit em with a 10 shot of nawz or 1/2lb of boost and you can blow the top of the piston off and then have a good excuse to go forged.

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used to frequent the 'dodgedakotas.com' site and this sort of crap/fun is rampant there, people get very bent out of shape over things like cams and heads and exhaust manifolds, doesn't seem to matter what season it is!
Our cars are great. Are we so vain that feel the need to discriminate amongst our selves?
For the record; I chose a '97 based on such things as availability, coupe/roadster option, price, colours and that my bro allready had one. Forged internals was a nice 'bonus'. :)

charlesj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:eek: lol, man I woke up this morning feeling like Jerry Maguire...did I really write all that $hit? This isn't as fun when you're not drunk :smirk: ...lol. Damn, O well, I'm glad some of my later model, gen II brothers stepped up to the plate. Thanks to all who gave some props to the FE. Sorry if I disappointed anyone who used to think I was "ok", the post was light-hearted with a little too much passion...I really don't like the creampuff handle :mad: ..lol. So, I would like all the creampuffs and flakies to have a group hug now :shocked: ....but then again, this thread is kinda fun. :D

i knew it. i was reading your post & thinking, "this dude must have been drunk or stoned when he wrote this." next time write your post before you pick up your hash pipe. :D

Eric H

Viper Owner
Reaction score
All I have to say is, my bone stock 1998 GTS, pulled almost a car length and a 1/2 car lengths in 4th gear on the highway on a 2001 with some exhaust mods.....you tell me which one REALLY has more HP?

Personally, I miss ABS at times, but i like the lumpy cam, and I like the extra security of forged pistons....I wont say this EVER again, but Jon did it right(for a change) Get the best of both worlds.

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
All I have to say is, my bone stock 1998 GTS, pulled almost a car length and a 1/2 car lengths in 4th gear on the highway on a 2001 with some exhaust mods.....you tell me which one REALLY has more HP?
Most likely the 2001 was, when it was stock. :cool: (Just a hint: louder doesn't necessarily mean more powerful - many exhaust mods actually rob mid-range power).

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I especially like:
lumpy engine that sounds like it could die at any minute when cold,

I hate when that happens.

I also hate when the paint is flaking off from the car velocity exceeding the limits of the paint adhesion to the vehicle.

My car is just disintergrating before my eyes and I don't even know it!

This forum is always an educational and enlightening experience. Glad to have access and be a part of. :2tu:

orlandov10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1999GTS here, $7,000 roe blower and a $800 ntrous kit... I', running 142MPH traps!! 10.2 @ 142 with a crappy 60'. 800RWHP on a stock longblock, not even aftermarket roller rockers. I love my 99, you got screwed.

OP
OP
I

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
1999GTS here, $7,000 roe blower and a $800 ntrous kit... I', running 142MPH traps!! 10.2 @ 142 with a crappy 60'. 800RWHP on a stock longblock, not even aftermarket roller rockers. I love my 99, you got screwed.

If you are talking to me and anyone out there that has a post99. http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB14&Number=623176&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1#Post623237
This "creampuff" put up better #'s than you. I love my 02, I would not say anyone who has a chance to own a viper "got screwed".

Eric H

Viper Owner
Reaction score

If you are talking to me and anyone out there that has a post99. http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB14&Number=623176&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1#Post623237
This "creampuff" put up better #'s than you. I love my 02, I would not say anyone who has a chance to own a viper "got screwed".

I would toatally agree, I would not say any viper is BAD, thats like saying you have a box full of bad Diamonds, some may be slightly better than others, but all are great in their own way!

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I can't say I care one way or the either. Mine was a little more shallow. I like the side exhaust and the hood without all the vents that was my buying decision...well a little more than that, but hey, it's a Viper!

Darkness

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well if you figure it only takes $2000 to get forged slugs and a cam. Its not that bad given that you get all the other goodies, ie abs! But to each their own. Vipers dont tend to stay stock for very long on the boards anyhow so...

orlandov10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sure you can do it but how long will it last? The forged pistons won't give you any more power however they will hold up over time much much,longer. IMO that guy is running his car to the ragged edge, its only a matter of time until a piston cracks or pits. As for the "2K in parts" thats total BS, add another 10K to that figure, 12K is an average of what good shops charge to build your Viper motor... 2K is possible for pistons and rods but you have to add labor, rings, bearings, gasket kit, machine shop costs, etc... I just spoke to a creampuff owner at Bradenton, he dropped 12G's after his motor let go. No thank you.. I'm glad you're happy with the creampuff you own.

OP
OP
I

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sure you can do it but how long will it last? The forged pistons won't give you any more power however they will hold up over time much much,longer. IMO that guy is running his car to the ragged edge, its only a matter of time until a piston cracks or pits. As for the "2K in parts" thats total BS, add another 10K to that figure, 12K is an average of what good shops charge to build your Viper motor... 2K is possible for pistons and rods but you have to add labor, rings, bearings, gasket kit, machine shop costs, etc... I just spoke to a creampuff owner at Bradenton, he dropped 12G's after his motor let go. No thank you.. I'm glad you're happy with the creampuff you own.
You are in denial, that guy's car is running strong apparently, for how long, anybody's guess. If your guy charges $120000 to swap pistons out, you are getting ***** buddy. I have a feeling that price includes allot more than you are saying, or you are clueless.

I just spoke to a FLAKIE owner in Scarborough. His paint has bubbled up on both the rear quarter panels, around the gas cap, and on the hood. He is looking at 10-120000 to get the thing re-painted, or he has to live with his viper looking like it has chicken pocks, that will eventually pop, then FLAKE off. I'm glad you are happy with your Flakie, for me, no thanks buddy.

I don't know why you had to start this again, but your horse$hit patronizing pissed me off again. I will respond to every negative creampuff comment made, I don't give a $hit who doesn't like it. In my view, it is not neccessary, if you don't like your car being called a Flakie, don't call others a creampuff, period.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang