Precision mats/Snakeoyl mats--SAME??

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are the Precision and Snakeoyl mats the same? If so, I guess I got hammered paying nearly $100 more for the snakeoyl. They look very similar. tmb

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Snake-oyl sells 2 types of mats: embroidered (most common mat) and tapestry ( more $$ mat),I haven't seen the Precision product. Does Precision have a web site or address to get a catalog?

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whewwww! Thanks for that post Drummer. I was just placing my call today for the Snake-Oyl mats! Think I'll wait to see your responses. I understand the mats are extraordinary...but man
crying.gif
do they carry a heavy pricetag!

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can think of a lot of ways to spend a couple of hundred bucks.A pair of floor mats is not one of them.Does anyone realy need floor mats?The car rugs get worn and you throw them out and put in new ones of better quality.If you think you need mats for some reason the Dodge mats aren't bad.Remember you don't eat off of them or have --- on them.You put your feet on them.To each his own I guess. Bruce

RECOIL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My SnakeOyl mats have a cut-out for the trunk release switch.

The pics on the other site didn't have it.

You might ask if they do. It's nice to have in a 00+ car.

Steve

RC Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a set of the Northern California mats. They are MUCH better than the DCX mats and reasonably priced.

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know for a fact that the Snake Oyl Matts are by far the thickest out there. They last longer than any of the others I have seen. If you want to save money then go with the matts produced by the Northern Cal Club. There are the ones I use in the car for every day use.

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve, which matts do you manufacture, the Sanke Oyl or the Northern Cal ones? If they are the Snake Oyl, which version are yours?

OP
OP
viperdrummer

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve: He manufactures the Snakeoyl and sells them at roughly $100 less. I bought mine 3 weeks ago and got hammered and have no one to blame but myself. Live and learn, I guess. I knew there was a heavy mark-up , but not how heavy

OP
OP
viperdrummer

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve: I wasn't aware there were multiple versions but whichever ones they sell, he actually manufactures them. I have the 3 part version with the oversize snake heads. You can see his ad on our VCA home page under "What's new".

Viper99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not getting the math here.
Snake-Oyl mats are $275 for VCA members for the front pair and Performance is $239....I'm no math wiz but this seems to be a $36 difference. How are you guys getting $100 cheaper?

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony:

The mats in question are the "Tapestry Floormats" Skake-Oyl $459 for a 3 piece set (there's a 3 piece GTS set and RT/10 set). That's the VCA price at Snake-Oyl. The numbers may not quite add up to a $100 difference...but close!

Scott

OP
OP
viperdrummer

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Again,unless we are missing something , Precision says it makes the Snakoyl mat, and I'm not sure why they would lie about that.If they do and its identical, then end of story. If they have lied, I would be very reluctant to deal with them. At this point for the good of Viper Nation, I think it is incumbant upon both outfits to come clean.PS Why the heck did this post get moved???

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by viperdrummer:
.....Mats seem identical to Snakeoyl, but much less expensive.Oh well......If I am wrong, I'm sure someone will tell me. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Terry, et al..........Sorry to join this thread so late. Similiar look on a website vs similiar quality? I think you have been misled.

Terry, you were so DELIGHTED when the Snake-Oyl mats came, I hope this info will help allay any "price" concerns:

1) Snake Oyl absolutely does NOT use the same manufacturer as Precision/Proformance. So, I believe the post above to be FALSE.

2) Snake Oyl has a thick rubber backing on their carpets. Too thick to fold or even roll up. Stays Flat. I am told the copy-cats to not. Haas anyyone seen them side-by-side? A big logo does not equal Snake-Oyl quality !

3) Snake Oyl uses a stain/fade guard process in the carpeting. Other guys ?

4) Snake Oyl has been providing high-quality, Viper-specific products since about 1994.......and they provide a guarantee. I dont know about the copycats, (or even if legally D-C licensed!)

4) PartsRack sells the 3-piece SnakeOyl set even BELOW the VCA price! They know The Year Matters and gets you the correct notched/un-notched mats and fade-resistant colors. If you are not happy with their quality, we give a full product refund. We stand behind the Snake Oyl products.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ar Tee Ten