Price for 2002 GTS with 8 miles

elanderholm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a 2002 GTS local with only 8 miles at a dealership. It has never been titled...it's new. I was wondering what do you guys think is a good price for a car like this? Thanks.

Fiorano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I figure anywhere under $69K is a decent deal. Wouldn't be suprised if you couldnt't get it closer to $67K. Thats assumimg it is striped. If not, knock off a few K more.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I would say that 69K is an awesome deal, worth even more if its exactly what you want. go for it!

Danny

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just paid $71,650 w/o tax for a new (30 mile) 2001 RT/10 Sappaire/cognac car from The Nelson Collection. Man, after reading this post I am going to run and see if Greg Nelson enclosed a 5 gallon drum of Vasoline in the trunk :mad: ! Although, I had no other option for it was the only new one left. If I would have passed it up, I would have saved a few thousand and purchased something I really didn't want. :confused: Oh well,.........................we only live once. :2tu:

JDR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Danny - isn't sticker on that $76,500? That's still NEW below MSRP. I'd say that was a deal for such a GREAT color combo. But what do I know ;)

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: the Nelson collection

I was out there a few weeks back talking to one of the
sales guys about what was available (the cars aren't there
but they do have a list). Anyway, I inquired about a 95
yellow RT (obviously) w/ 100 miles on it they had on the list. Asking price $59,000. I asked the guy if he had been smoking crack. I told him that even with only 100 miles that I thought that price was seriously high. He said they may have a little "room" in the price.

Underlying point here is they have this "collection" priced sky high. If it's worth it to you, they are there for the taking, but cheap they are not.

Interestingly, I told him that what I was more interested in was a 02 yellow RT. He found one through the dealer network with I believe 3,900 miles on it and told me they would have it transported to their dealership and sell it for guess what? $59,000. Hmmm... a 95 w/ a 100 miles or a 02 w/ less than 4,000 for the same money? Makes sense to me. :D

Bob

OP
OP
E

elanderholm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well there is another 2002 GTS local with 11k miles that is at a dealership for 54k. I bet I could get this "new" GTS for quite a bit lower then 69k. I am going to check it out. I will let you guys know! Thanks for the help.

*edit: I am dumb. I didn't mean I could get the used GTS for a lot lower then 54k.

obaa996

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you referring to the blue GTS in Hillsboro? I've been in there a couple of times, and they seem like they'd really like to sell the car (they *REALLY* wanted to sell it right around the time of the snowstorm, but now that it's getting sunny outside).... I bet you could get a good deal there..
One thing though; that car has been sitting in the showroom for a long time. My casual glances picked up several touched-up paint chips. You might want to look it over very closely before buying.

OP
OP
E

elanderholm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you referring to the blue GTS in Hillsboro? I've been in there a couple of times, and they seem like they'd really like to sell the car (they *REALLY* wanted to sell it right around the time of the snowstorm, but now that it's getting sunny outside).... I bet you could get a good deal there..
One thing though; that car has been sitting in the showroom for a long time. My casual glances picked up several touched-up paint chips. You might want to look it over very closely before buying.

Actually the one is saw is grey. The other used one is over on the east side and it is red.

obaa996

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well in that case.... Dick's in Hillsboro has a brand new one sitting on their showroom floor; that's the one I was referring to. NW Investment cars has (had?) a red one, but I don't like dealing with the people there. Gran Tourismo has an FE, but I haven't seen it. Timberline perpetually has a red "for sale", but it's the owner's car, and I don't think it's ever leaving his hands... JonB also knew of some cars, which he posted about in the Suppliers section.
Good luck!

jkracer9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
158 miles FE GTS for $66,000.00 in my garage next to my 2001. My wife bought it for me thinking that I would drive it but I drive the 2001 and can't drive 2

rohn

OP
OP
E

elanderholm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well in that case.... Dick's in Hillsboro has a brand new one sitting on their showroom floor; that's the one I was referring to. NW Investment cars has (had?) a red one, but I don't like dealing with the people there. Gran Tourismo has an FE, but I haven't seen it. Timberline perpetually has a red "for sale", but it's the owner's car, and I don't think it's ever leaving his hands... JonB also knew of some cars, which he posted about in the Suppliers section.
Good luck!

So I went and checked out the one at Dick's. It is the owners car too. It has 17 miles on it. I guess he wants to sell it as an 04 is coming in and it is his. The car is brand new. I need to have a chat with the wife! ;) hehe. We will see how it goes.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth