Problem with ordering red interior

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My dealer and i were on the phone finalizing my order and there seems to be a problem with the colored interior. i want the red interior on a bright white GTS but the computer screen was showing the seats were black with red STITCHING?? Can anyone shed some lightl? No other boxes to check for red interior. this is a problem b/c no way am i getting another Viper with black interior.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if it wont go on the order block, i would assum no go... bummer for ya

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope you can get red interior with the white exterior. The only notes I saw was red not avail with yellow exterior.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Noticed the same thing and asked SRT for clarification, as you can initially order red and then it defaults to black only. Alot of options to plug in compared to the old days where choice was just what color do you want , and you have only three choices, ha.

Likely will know by tomorrow on the seats, hang loose.

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill,

Curious, will SRT allow for modifications to orders as time moves forward, any idea?

I am still debating the track package.

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am still debating the track package.

I went back and forth on this, too. I really like the idea of removing 57 pounds of unsprung weight. It will make a measurable difference in being able to track bumpy surfaces. I made the mistake of ordering heavy wheels once, it was a good lesson. When the Corsa tires wear out, I'll replace them with PZeros. There's a chance I'll buy an extra set of track-only wheels and put the Corsas on them, but I'll have to see how often I track this bad boy.

OP
OP

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill, thanks for the clarification. Hopefully tomorrow we could find out what the deal is.

Noticed the same thing and asked SRT for clarification, as you can initially order red and then it defaults to black only. Alot of options to plug in compared to the old days where choice was just what color do you want , and you have only three choices, ha.

Likely will know by tomorrow on the seats, hang loose.

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went back and forth on this, too. I really like the idea of removing 57 pounds of unsprung weight. It will make a measurable difference in being able to track bumpy surfaces. I made the mistake of ordering heavy wheels once, it was a good lesson. When the Corsa tires wear out, I'll replace them with PZeros. There's a chance I'll buy an extra set of track-only wheels and put the Corsas on them, but I'll have to see how often I track this bad boy.
Can we use the normal tires on the Sidewinder II? Or it has to be the track tires

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope you can get red interior with the white exterior. The only notes I saw was red not avail with yellow exterior.
Yeah I didn't understand why they didn't allow that option but after seeing the McDonald's color combo I was like, oh ok that's why :D

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Not a problem with the option being allowed , it is listed under options, it just defaults to black when you go to the seats on an SRT as there is no listing for the code -- looks like just an omission error for the seat and will probably be inputted today.

SadViper, this is not a tire issue, just a weight issue ( track pack rim a bit lighter). You could use the same tires on either rim regardless if you used Pirellis , Hoosiers, Michelin , etc. - no worries.

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thx Bill I'd like to keep the track tires for special occasions then.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Been swamped and forgot to post -- all cleared up. May be some confusion , but it can be ordered on the SRT , so if you think you are still having problem, feel free to call me and I will explain the format.

davidn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My dealer and i were on the phone finalizing my order and there seems to be a problem with the colored interior. i want the red interior on a bright white GTS but the computer screen was showing the seats were black with red STITCHING?? Can anyone shed some lightl? No other boxes to check for red interior. this is a problem b/c no way am i getting another Viper with black interior.

Black will show up as no charge standard color ....the red is in the option list with extra cost..see below on my order....

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
seems to have been cleared up, getting my order form this weekend and will check. Car is ordered though!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960