Putting Aftermarket 19" Purner's on my RT-10

97ViperRT-10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Work in Alberta, live on West Coast of BC and Ariz
Putting Aftermarket 19\" Purner\'s on my RT-10

I'm looking at installing some 19" Purner's on my 1997 RT-10. I'm thinking 15 spokes with 285/30 in the front and 345/30 in the rear. Have any of you guys added these wheels and could you email me some pics with the wheels on please.
Also do you have to lower the car to make the 19" wheels fit the wheel-wells better?? If so how big of a job is it to lower the cars and what should this cost?? If you don't have to lower the car even better as we all know how stock Vipers and speed-bumps go together. I was also considering Purner 5 Stars but liked the 15 spoke better. Any comments?
Thanks in advance for you help and input.

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Putting Aftermarket 19

Seeing that the wheels will just bolt up normally. I'd say to have them mounted and see what you think about the wheel well gap.

If you do decide that you want to lower the car a bit, you might look at installing the Northwind coil caps. It drops the car about 5/8" or so, but leaves the stock springs unchanged. I put mine in without a spring compressor, but it's definitely simpler if you have a shop do it. Also you still need to have the car aligned afterwards.

But it isn't nearly as drastic as swapping out with lowering springs and dropping the car nearly 2", which would be a painful challenge for encountering speed bumps and driveways.

-Dean.