Questions RE Spring Improvements on Gen III

ROYMAN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, in hopes of some decent weather in the not-so-distant future, I have begun some spring detailing and maintenance on my 2004 mamba. I am hoping some of the more knowledgable members can help me out with a few problems I have run into....

First off, like many of you, I need to replace my battery (which is now completely dead.) I was going to go with an Optima Red Top, but I have stumbled across a few threads recommending to stay away from this battery for a Viper. Is battery choice important at all, and if so, which battery should I go with? Also, what tool do I need to remove the battery cover, and is there anything I should be aware of before putting in a new battery?

Secondly, I will be replacing my rotors and pads. I am not looking for anything out of the ordinary, but if someone could point me to the cheapest place to order some Hawk (or equivalent) pads and a somewhat decent set of slotted rotors or OEM equivalent, I would appreciate it very much!

Also, I need to replace my mamba edition car cover and bag (it was stolen by my movers!) I have been unable to find anywhere this product is sold, so if anyone could point me in the right direction, again, I would appreciate it.

Finally, now that I am done overhauling my lights, I plan on replacing my HID system so as to match my 6000k LED fogs and switchbacks... I am wondering if anyone has had any success using the Phillips Ultinon 6000k bulbs with the stock ballasts.

Thanks in advance for the help! I will also post pictures of the various ongoing projects I am doing when I get some spare time.

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Seats Diehard Platinum is the best choice for our Vipers. It's what many of us replace OEM with. I did.

Wiretech

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sears die hard is the best choice but I picked up a optima yellow top battery and must have an AMG battery charger because it charges a different way when the car sits too long. Baer eradispeed is a good choice or stoptech, and not sure about philips ultinon I just installed regular HID fog lamps and it really bright.