Quick Release fastener for ACR splitter

fastmd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone changed out the bolts for the front splitter to a quick release type, i.e. zeus or such. I have big fingers and it is a pia when a change I them out for the track/street/ and loading on the trailer.:crazy2:

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just leave mine installed. With a little care it rarely drags even though I've lowered the car to the smooth track ride height.

I find those little bolts a pain too.

Greg

BennyBad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
same here, i just leave it on 24/7. use a 6 foot ramp for your trailer with the tounge jacked up(still attached to tow vehicle) and use your geometry classes from high school to figure angle approach at gas stations:)

OP
OP
F

fastmd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a sloan kwik load trailer and the ACR is lowered with my track alignment so I am trying to avoid ramps. Right now I have an elaborate ramp set up and it *****.

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a sloan kwik load trailer and the ACR is lowered with my track alignment so I am trying to avoid ramps. Right now I have an elaborate ramp set up and it *****.
Do you have the bumpers on the end of the ramp? If not, try putting some blocks under it. Then, you can use 4' planks...should be all you need.

OP
OP
F

fastmd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you have the bumpers on the end of the ramp? If not, try putting some blocks under it. Then, you can use 4' planks...should be all you need.

Do you mean blocks under the trailer deck. The kwik load rolls back flat. The problem is the splitter hits the deck before the wheels get on and the deck is only a 5 degree angle, my 06 goes up no problem.

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you mean blocks under the trailer deck. The kwik load rolls back flat. The problem is the splitter hits the deck before the wheels get on and the deck is only a 5 degree angle, my 06 goes up no problem.
I am not familiar with your particular trailer, but yes, put a 2x6 or two under the deck where it meets the road, and that will change the approach angle significantly, and then just run up a 4' ramp to it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456