Ram with Viper engine = VCA membership?

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a truck not a Viper, no worries. The EPA will not list it as a 2 door sports car
supergrin.gif

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon,

Boy you came out swinging!!!!
laugh.gif
Where ya been bud? We've missed you around these parts.

I'm sure the RAM SRT guys won't be Viperclub members, but I hope the RAM SRT club and the VCA become "friends". I bet all of a sudden we'll see cheap headers, engine mods, and all that happy stuff.

FUSCUCLA1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is always all this talk about cheaper performance parts because the two will share an engine. An Audi A4 2.8 quattro has a different downpipe than the A4 1.8 and these are identical cars. The list of different parts just goes on so why would a truck and a Viper have the same parts??? Wouldn't atleast the lenght of the headers be different?

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon, Tony Estes asked Dodge that question at the Ram SRT/10 media event. At this point, you can rest assured that Viper is the only vehicle, and it's owners, that will ever have the the cult status we presently enjoy with Dodge. So for at least the time being, Viper Club is just that , a Viper only club. If the door got opened to the Ram, under your scenario any vehicle with a Viper engine would be allowed. If that were the case, than all the hot rods out there running Viper crate motors would also be included.

What you may see one day is a PVO club? If they continue making all these hot cars, then you will need to keep them together in some fashion.

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good point on the exhaust, that was a bad example.

A better comparison would be the L98 350cid GM small block. This engine has been put into virtually everthing. It has been carbeurated and fuel injected too.

Now, while I can't get a set of "Camaro" headers and expect them to fit on my Vette, I can certainly have alot of (inexpensive) choices out there when it comes time to choose a cam, or cylinder heads, or larger injectors, etc.

I am most excited about the RAM SRT because, like the Lightning guys, the RAM SRT guys will likely live at the track and do a whole bunch of R&D for us. Just like we discovred that smooth tubes and K&N's bought 15hp, they will discover things about the SRT motor.

I'm just hoping that some of that 'trial by fire' R&D effort spills over and we can use some of their go-fast goodies.

CAP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JMcGuire:
There's a LOT more to exhaust fitment than just the shape where it bolts up to the block...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Especially since it doesn't bolt up to the block.
cool.gif

(But I do agree with what you meant.)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte