ran a zr1 with an 08 cpe

boosted349

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i was driving home about a month ago and noticed a zr1 so i pulled up beside him and we took off from about50 mph. initally because of his gearing he pulled on me but by the time i went into 3rd gear roughly 90 mph, i caught him and inched away from him. he was very suprised and thought i was spraying. so in my case the 08 viper is slightly faster than the big bad zr1. did i mention i want to buy a zr1? by the way i ran a 11.31 @ 129mph in an elevation of 850ft, 80 degrees 1.88 60ft completely stock

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice run. What speed you guys let up at? They are pretty close to 150mph from some tests. On another note cant believe there havent been tons of runs between these two since they have been out awhile now. Good kill.:2tu:

OP
OP
B

boosted349

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nice run. What speed you guys let up at? They are pretty close to 150mph from some tests. On another note cant believe there havent been tons of runs between these two since they have been out awhile now. Good kill.:2tu:
we let up at about 140 and i was about 1/2 car in front of him, but came from 2 cars behind when we took off at 50

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am a Vette fan -owned several but until they do something to dramatically distinguish their high end (Z06 and ZR1) models from the $42,000 automatic cars that chicks drive to the grocery store I ain't putting down $100K plus for it.

I have the ZR1 motor in my 09 CTS-V and it is a blast. Blows away my M5.

jimmy6383

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am a Vette fan -owned several but until they do something to dramatically distinguish their high end (Z06 and ZR1) models from the $42,000 automatic cars that chicks drive to the grocery store I ain't putting down $100K plus for it.

I agree 100 PERCENT!!! That has been my biggest reason for not ever really wanting a Z06 or ZR1.

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the ZR1 is big and bad but at this point it looks like the 600hp Viper is a little bigger and badder! :D
A pleasent surprise to me!

THERE IT IS FOLKS, QUOTE FROM JAMIE ( THE FIRST 10.XX RUN STOCK VIPER )

VIPER - BIGGER AND BADDER !!!!!!!!!:headbang::headbang::headbang:

adamlotus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LP560 I assume as the regular 04-06 Gallardos should have no chance.
it was not a lp560 i was surprised it performed that way also,i have gone up with slr and at 80-140 we were side by side and also went up with a 599 and 599 was about 1/2 car ahead im very happy with the stock 08 performance.

ACRBruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are many twin turbo Gallardo's from Heffner here in Socal. Was it black?

adamlotus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are many twin turbo Gallardo's from Heffner here in Socal. Was it black?
yes it was blk,i have owned a gallrdo and this one was fast must of been modded,oh well cant win them all,yes my car is a 08,lambos really start pulling above 130,my diablo would just keep pulling even after 170 and murcis start pulling stronger at triple speeds also,there all fast cars and love them all

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TT Galardo should run away easily from a stock 08 Viper. I think the lowest TT package for the G's makes 700rwhp from what Ive read. No stock 08 Viper should be able to handle that from a dig or roll. No way that was a TT Gallardo you ran unless he was playing. Stock to stock not even the LP560 could run with the 08 from some of the numbers Ive read and seen so it would seem you ran a bolt-on G.

adamlotus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
im sure it was stock when i had my 06 my buddys 05viper couldnt even keep up with me than i had my friend drive my spyder and took out my 06 and he pulled from but not much,i love lambos,cant wait to get another one,my 08 pulls hard and just puts a smile on my face everytime,if i didnt lease mine i would for sure add the bealnger and pcm upgrade.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
im sure it was stock when i had my 06 my buddys 05viper couldnt even keep up with me than i had my friend drive my spyder and took out my 06 and he pulled from but not much,i love lambos,cant wait to get another one,my 08 pulls hard and just puts a smile on my face everytime,if i didnt lease mine i would for sure add the bealnger and pcm upgrade.

Not arguing with you Adam just trying to understand. You said your 06 Viper barely got pulled by the heavier Gallardo Spyder. Just trying to understand how on earth then could a "stock" G even come close to pulling on a properly driven 08?

The only G that "could" probably run with the 08 is the LP560 but you said it wasnt an LP560 and that the G wasnt modded. I heard the 08's run with the SLR up top and the SLR are monsters on the highway.

Something just seems a bit off. What speeds did you guys run to? Whatever the case you are one lucky guy to own these monsters:2tu:

lankhoss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice story!

I have been wanting to run into both an '08 Viper and ZR1 in my car as well, but haven't seen either on the road.

I think the '08 Vipers are typically dyno'ing a little higher than the ZR1's, aren't they?

OP
OP
B

boosted349

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nice story!

I have been wanting to run into both an '08 Viper and ZR1 in my car as well, but haven't seen either on the road.

I think the '08 Vipers are typically dyno'ing a little higher than the ZR1's, aren't they?

believe it or not the 638 hp zr1 is only putting about 505 to the wheels. that is what ive seen on alot of dynos. (not in person though)only on the internet. drag times.com

lankhoss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought the ZR1's were dyno'ing about 535 from the factory, and the Vipers were around 550 - 560?

And the Viper is only 100lbs heavier than the ZR1. ZR1 is 200lbs heavier than a Z06.

adamlotus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought the ZR1's were dyno'ing about 535 from the factory, and the Vipers were around 550 - 560?

And the Viper is only 100lbs heavier than the ZR1. ZR1 is 200lbs heavier than a Z06.
my 08 dynoed at 515 rwhp at dc performance,t think zr1 s are doing a little more,all are bad ass cars,in my exprience behind the wheel lambos pull harder after 150 than a stock viper does,from 80-140-150 viper will win after 150 maybe diffrent story

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala