Rebuilding the Monster: An Update

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know a few folks have asked about my GTS and how it is doing. Well, for those that are interested in a timeline, here you go:

October 28th - Bill Pemberton graciously takes my car back to Woodhouse in an enclosed trailer from Perry, Iowa.

October 30th-November 3rd - Woodhouse is busy preparing Vipers for the Viper Days Finals, so my car waits patiently in the wings. No worries on my part - Go Bob, Rob, Bill, & Dan!

November 6th - The motor is pulled and crated up.

November 14th - The motor is picked up by the freight company to be sent off to Arrow.

November 15th - The friendly folks at Woodhouse call to update me and let me know that they have spoken with Arrow. Upon arrival, they expect approximately THREE weeks for the rebuild, give or take a week. Add to that another week for shipping, and the motor should be back in the car in five weeks or so.

So, theoretically, the car could be back in my garage before 2001. That's a good thing, as I miss that car something fierce! I go out to the Snake Pit (the third stall of my garage, plastered with Viper posters, etc.) and just stare at the empty space. Ironically, tomorrow will be the one year anniversary of when I picked the car up at CAAP. Sigh...

I'll keep you updated on the progress and the results!
You must be registered for see images

Hisser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris,
I know what ya mean. I had mine rebuilt by them and it was right at 6 weeks. Life was never the same without the Viper. All of our trips seem to revolve around the Viper. Its like missing a body part. I remember when we got ours back from the dealer, talk about cruising. I dont think I got out of the car for 4 months and 12 trips later...he he he
I feel for ya man.

Reaction score
Chris it sounds like you will get your <FONT COLOR="Red"><FONT size="4">ROCKET</FONT s></FONT c> back in time for the ice and snow. I hope the weather allows some street time upon your reunion. Call me when you have it broke in and are ready for the dyno. I guess that wont hurt as bad as the last time you beat me up at the drag strip.
My bruises are still healing!!!

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, what a GREAT photo!

And Matthew, rest assured that after I get done breaking in the motor just right, you and I will BOTH head over to the dyno. I want to see exactly how you were running so fast at VOI and making me look like I was in reverse...

bad viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris sell a couple of matchbox cars and buy
mine in the interim!!! Excuse the photograph some
lame KC photo fan took this shot in your driveway!

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Chris good for you. I will be going through the process shortly. Did they make you run an oil consumption test over a period of a few months before they re-built it? They are making me do that, but I'm burnig oil so bad I have no doubt they will take it. Funny about turn around time the moment I mentioned lemon law re-build time went from 12 weeks to 5-6 weeks.

Ron (SoCal Rebell)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine