recall 999?

fearsuch

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had my 999 recall done last year on my 2000 rt/10 wrong, when I approached the service manager at Midway Chrysler when I picked up the car he stated that was the way Chrysler wanted them put on and would not even listen to me, actually his exact words were "if Chrysler wants us to pop rivit them to the vave cover that's where we'll pop rivit them", when I phoned Chrysler Canada to explain the problem they said they would contact Midway Chrysler to see what if anything was wrong, once Chrysler Canada got back to me they said everything was fine according to the dealer, and that was it, end of discussion. Now I'am reading that Chrysler is redoing the mistakes made, what I need is info to take to Midway Chrysler in Winnipeg Manitoba, actually I would prefer to take it to another dealer to get this all straightened out, any info, recall update numbers, anything, names of a contact at Chrysler with some authority to straighten this mess out, anything to get this all sorted out would be greatly appreciated. It would appear that Midway probably did most of the recalls wrong, as when I was picking up my car there was a 96 white rt/10 on the hoist that had the front recall on wrong, this is what alerted me to check mine out before I took it home.

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would find out who everyone in your area is using to do the recall (correctly) or is using to redo the incorrect recall and take it in to that dealer. When they redo an incorrect 999 recall, they will charge DC, who will in turn charge that back to the dealer that did it incorrectly.

OP
OP
F

fearsuch

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Apparently Midway was the only authorized dealer in the area to do this recall, as I have a friend at different dealer that I wanted to do the work, but they weren't allowed to do it since supposedly Chrysler only trained (obviously not very well) and gave out the tools to that one dealer only.

Tom Sessions

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go back to the dealer and ask them to pull up part number caam9981 on there dealer connect system.This is where they connect to chrysler and check parts.when this is entered it will pop up this message.

please provide a copy of this sheet to the service tech prior to ordering this part.The following must be verified.

The left and right frame gussets MUST be rivited to the frame rail FORWARDof the steering gearcrossmember as described in recall 998@999and shown in FIG 11.Improperly installing the gussets on the wrong side will prevent oil filter removal.Very early parts packages contained a mislabeled right frame gusset(labeled left)ALL MOPAR inventory was reworked to correct the labeling error in August 2002.

This should clear up and questions as to it being done incorrectly.Now it's a mater of fixing it right.I have seen quite a few recall that were inproperly done while inspecting cars for Viper Days.This is a problem that goes from coast to coast

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call a well know dealer on this board to speak out for you...Chuck Tatertot.

AGREED Chuck just got done redoing (is that how you spell that?) mine just the other day.

From what I understand MANY were done wrong

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
As Tom points out above...there is a WARNING on the "technical website" concerning the early mislabled brackets ...the warning clearly calls attention to the proper placement of the brackets to AVOID blocking access to the oil filter !!!

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chrysler will deny any wrong doing of mislabeling the brackets. If they did that they would be in for a LOT of suits.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
As Tom noted above:

" Very early parts packages contained a mislabeled right frame gusset(labeled left)ALL MOPAR inventory was reworked to correct the labeling error in August 2002."

Not a denial in my book.