1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Received the VCA membership "pitch letter" today.

Discussion in 'General Viper Discussion' started by SnakeEye, Nov 5, 2013.

1. Free2go

Free2go Enthusiast

I got my magazine in the mail. Looks like SRT has a big advertisement in there...among many others. I read the "pitch" letter in my e-mail and could only draw one conclusion:

Before you begin to hatch any plot
    Tis' wise to have a lawyer right there on the spot
    A mouth piece to help you sharpen your claws
    And decipher the hieroglyphic bylaws

I have to ask myself...why would I run and join a new club whose leaders failed to complete a coup based on a technicality? They obviously didn't think things through. Probably gonna go ahead and renew my membership here. And there is always the Alley where I can frolic in tomfoolery. I think the VCA could learn from the Alley...there needs to be a "skin" that allows non members to view much more limited content and not have access to the snobby Gen V threads. We can't have trolls $hitting in the Gen V threads for crying out loud. And what's wrong with the VPA?....pretty entrepreneurial idea if you ask me.

2. boplaw

boplaw Viper Owner

Thought you boogie'd. You might want to stick around here.

3. TowDawg

TowDawg Enthusiast

WOW! Not that I was going to renew (or re-join) the VCA anyway, but what kind of morons approve a letter like that to even go out?
    That was a serious grasping at straws (and a LOT of complete bs, slander and 10% truths), and comes off as completely desperate and beyond unprofessional.
    The saddest part about it is that the VCA just pushed a lot of people that were still on the fence about renewing, to NOT renew after reading that. Great job Chris!
    ...oops, I mean Dan.

4. Free2go

Free2go Enthusiast

Maybe the VCA is desperate to save itself. Maybe it's worth hanging around to see if the club can turn it around. I think all the people that are SO offended by that "pitch" letter knew what they were gonna do before they read it. Just had to get a final jab in there on the way out the door. Well...those who leave should be locked out forever... : ) ......and not be allowed to come back and troll around snooping. If you denounce your citizenship you can't get it back. Beware what you wish for dear Viper brethren. You know that fresh new VOA site right yonder gleaming on the horizon? There be demons lurking in it's bowels.

5. Steve M

Steve M Enthusiast

If your post is indicative of the kind of things we can expect from the VCA next year, we'll all be better off without.

6. Sybil TF

Sybil TF Enthusiast

Yeah right.....There is a much better place to go for info than that A-hole infested litter box.

7. Brian GTS

Brian GTS Enthusiast

Hang around for what? More unprofessionalism? Smearing former gifted members that had a profound effect on this club, with no plan of action to deliver? STILL protecting individuals that were partially responsible for this club's demise? I think many would rather give the "demons" a chance.

8. ACR VYPR

ACR VYPR Enthusiast

Salaries

How about we discuss some salaries of our self elected board members? Lower salaries = lower membership fees?

9. virginiavenom

virginiavenom Enthusiast

I'd prefer no dues, just a club. dues means money, money means corruption etc. I honestly could care less about the raffle stuff. let vendors offer freebies to raffle off on their dime if they wish. otherwise, why bother, it only causes problems.

10. slysnake

slysnake Enthusiast

*sigh* two threads on this subject?

11. AZTVR

AZTVR Enthusiast

Re: Salaries

I thought that the board members were volunteers = no salary.

12. ROCKET62

ROCKET62 Has Left the Room!

Is the second thread under the members only section?

13. AZTVR

AZTVR Enthusiast

Yes .

14. 3whitevipers

3whitevipers VCA Venom Member Venom Member

I'm staying --just renewed yesterday. I was not offended at all by the "pitch e-mail". I felt the e-mail filled in some gaps that I didn't know about. I guess it's time for the nay-sayers to go ahead and leave and let that be that. I wish all Viper owners well regardless of which club they join, or no club affiliation, for that matter. It truly is time for all to move on in whatever direction they desire and stop this constant bitching by the same members. Lets stop all the negative posts. By now we all get it. Time to "man up" and move on---Dave

15. SnakeEye

SnakeEye Viper Owner

Renewal... donation? There are certainly a number of material factors that one might consider such as transparency issues, the raffle debacle, etc but even based on Chrysler's 'letter' [and the lack of its apparent compliance by the VCA], it would seem questionable whether they'll be "renewing" their manufacture relationship/support with the VCA. Although maybe not important to some, to many manufacture involvement is highly desired so consequently based on recent events it's very likely that the paying membership support for the VCA in 2014 will be greatly reduced [probably in a crippling sort of way] compared to that of previous years not to mention most of the regions and numerous vendors have already fled the VCA. The VOA however...

16. Silver04

Silver04 Enthusiast

+1 - The yahoos that kept renewing their VCA membership should feel kinda silly right...about...NOW!

17. Silver04

Silver04 Enthusiast

OMG...I'm back!!!

18. Mopar Steve

Mopar Steve Enthusiast

Well said thanks. :2tu:

19. Brian GTS

Brian GTS Enthusiast

Question: How many sponsors does the VCA have in order to keep it operational for 2014?

20. Brian GTS

Brian GTS Enthusiast

I heard the sponsors have "left the building". Speaking of which, I don't see any more banner advertisements on this site, or is that just a hic-up?

21. Bugman Jeff

Bugman Jeff Enthusiast

I hadn't noticed, but now that you've pointed it out I don't see any more ads either.

22. donk_316

donk_316 Enthusiast

There was an advetising banner on the top for ARH headers or something. I clicked it looking for Viper headers and there is nothing on that site that even mentions Viper...

ALSO...

Why are you guys PAYING to be in a car club? A magazine? Make the "magazine" digital and email it out if its that big of a deal plus the overhead for some pictures printed on paper and mailed all over the world just went way down.
    If one entity can make $200k profit from 3000 people that means HALF of your "dues" go into someones pocket.... Just an outsider looking in.

www.driveviper.com