Red Deer Viper cruise nite- every night

Tony2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
http://forums.viperclub.org/srt10-s...s-12-1-121-mile-high-what-will-gen-4-run.html

Tony here's a thread that I believe is a PAaxton 700rwhp car. He would be one of the guys to ask about the gears for a Paxton, but I'm thinking that at 12.2 I probably gear down quite abit. There are a couple of Washington guys with Paxtons as well. C-note has a Paxton copperhead.

Ted

Hello Ted,

Thanks for passing on that tidbit, now do you think that 12.2 was a realistic number or slower than it should be possibly due to elevation, driver, track, etc? Seems like a 700 RWHP car should be a bit quicker than that no?

I will query some of the other guys over the next while, with winter being here obviously it is not a huge hurry now, the track time is not the main determining factor (though doesn't hurt) as I was saying I am thinking of doing this more for the "fun factor" than track times.

Once again thanks for the info, I appreciate your feedback!:2tu:

Tony2

OP
OP
H

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After about 4 hours of trying to get this video to upload properly to a hosting website it finally worked. Anyhow, this is a great way to spend Friday afternoon.

viperfun.flv video by nikoriuk - Photobucket[/QUOTE

Great video Steve.:2tu::2tu:It was well worth the 4 hrs.:headbang:

Makes me wish I was there....OH WAIT!!! I was there.:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Nice to be able to relive it. Nothing like having our own burnout pad, eh? It is supposed to be 10 or 12c this Sat.

Sorry Shane, I had to go to work at 5pm on Fri. so could not wait for you to get off work. :( Maybe this Sat.? I think SUPERSNAKE and a couple others might join in? The more the smokier.:D:D:D

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello Ted,

Thanks for passing on that tidbit, now do you think that 12.2 was a realistic number or slower than it should be possibly due to elevation, driver, track, etc? Seems like a 700 RWHP car should be a bit quicker than that no?

I will query some of the other guys over the next while, with winter being here obviously it is not a huge hurry now, the track time is not the main determining factor (though doesn't hurt) as I was saying I am thinking of doing this more for the "fun factor" than track times.

Once again thanks for the info, I appreciate your feedback!:2tu:

Tony2

Personally I would expect 11s out of my 500hp Stealth TT. A supercharger is similar to a turbo, meaning that teh altitude shouldn't affect it too much. He did say he's at 5,000+ alititude and you guys are at 2600' (?). I would have expected mid 11s. There's threads with TT vipers/850rwhp going 10.5 with drag radials. Don lives somewhere in your area and he owns a 8-900rwhp Paxton RT10. I think his is a 01 Sapphire car with the plate Rare blue

Ted

OP
OP
H

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Personally I would expect 11s out of my 500hp Stealth TT. A supercharger is similar to a turbo, meaning that teh altitude shouldn't affect it too much. He did say he's at 5,000+ alititude and you guys are at 2600' (?). I would have expected mid 11s. There's threads with TT vipers/850rwhp going 10.5 with drag radials. Don lives somewhere in your area and he owns a 8-900rwhp Paxton RT10. I think his is a 01 Sapphire car with the plate Rare blue

Ted

I did 11.3/128 at Castrol in Edmonton with a poor tune.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Your's doesn't count Ron - you've got a TwinScrew. I'm guessing that a 700rwhp Roe equals a 850-900 Paxton/TT setup. Lots of arguements, but if you search the Roe has huge torque instantly and a pretty flat powercurve while the Paxton is linear.

Some TTs use smaller turbos and those will spool up faster making more torque faster. Each car is different so it's not a RULE.

I bought my Viper because it felt like 1,000 cubic inches. I got a ride in a 600rwhp Paxton GTS and it felt like a modified 500ci. Completely different.

Tony probably wants to gear down so that he can use 6th gear whereas I drive at 1200rpm in 6th gear with enough torque for passing and climbing mountains without needing to gear down. Do you normally drive in 6th Ron?

Ted

OP
OP
H

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your's doesn't count Ron - you've got a TwinScrew. I'm guessing that a 700rwhp Roe equals a 850-900 Paxton/TT setup. Lots of arguements, but if you search the Roe has huge torque instantly and a pretty flat powercurve while the Paxton is linear.

True. The Novi 2000 in HRSSSSS does not start pulling hard until 4000+ RPM. The Roe is already pulling hard at 2000 Rpm.

Some TTs use smaller turbos and those will spool up faster making more torque faster. Each car is different so it's not a RULE.

I bought my Viper because it felt like 1,000 cubic inches. I got a ride in a 600rwhp Paxton GTS and it felt like a modified 500ci. Completely different.

Tony probably wants to gear down so that he can use 6th gear whereas I drive at 1200rpm in 6th gear with enough torque for passing and climbing mountains without needing to gear down. Do you normally drive in 6th Ron?

Ted

Yes I like 6th, especially about 4000RPM. :D :D :D

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You havn't posted the Paxton supercharged GTS you bought for your wife Ron. Shame on you. Let's see the mods, pics history, etc on the new car. Unless I missed it you need to share with us your good fortune!

Ted

OP
OP
H

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After about 4 hours of trying to get this video to upload properly to a hosting website it finally worked. Anyhow, this is a great way to spend Friday afternoon.

viperfun.flv video by nikoriuk - Photobucket

Yard has gotten dirty from running in and out with Super B's so will not be good even if we do get a good day again.:(

I have video saved in favorites and will have something to make me smile on those long winter nights.:2tu:

Maybe one more out-of-town cruise? Would be nice to take wives or g/f for one last run.:drive: Most back pavement is clear. It is supposed to be sunny on Sun.:dunno:

OP
OP
H

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
anyone else still have there car out.I am going out today for a cruise.It's beautiful out.

Hey Shane,
It's supposed to be 14 in Red Deer tomorrow. :2tu: Are we the only two left out here to cruise? :dunno: How well is yours stored 1OF76RT/10? Hey BREADMAN I know it will only take you 5 min. to be ready! :D Anyone else willing to have a Nov. cruise? :drive: This is rare for AB you know. :headbang:

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
parked the car just yesterday.Dropped insurance down.Gone to winnepeg friday and for the weekend and figured everyone else had already parked.Last monday evening was the last ride for the year for me.Maybe

1OF76RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Took the insurance off it last week. So Busy I don't think I could have gone anyway. I have never been this busy, not even at the peak of our recent boom, Installing up to 10 floors a week. My head is about to spin off, I need another vacation SOON

OP
OP
H

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Took the insurance off it last week. So Busy I don't think I could have gone anyway. I have never been this busy, not even at the peak of our recent boom, Installing up to 10 floors a week. My head is about to spin off, I need another vacation SOON

Too bad you took off the insurance. Looks to me like you just need a good Viper Cruise "FIX" :drive: :D

Or maybe another burnout session. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Tony2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I am glad to see others are having to slave away at work too so I am not the only one to miss out on fun! :drive:

The fall is traditionally a busy time for me (beats the alternative I suppose) so more times than not I don’t get a ton of use out of my toys starting September’ish, since I am trying to convince myself the glass is half full in this scenario...............consider all of the rock chips I wont get!! :D

Anyhow as said before, I look forward to meeting you all in the spring and a cruise or two!! Before we know it we will be on the downslide to spring!!

Tony2

OP
OP
H

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wife's brother, sister-in-law, and niece are in town visiting from Ont. Brother isn't into cars, but niece (16 yrs.) really wanted a ride in Viper so I took her for a cruise around town. Lots of the normal thumbs up and nods. Made it safely through radar trap:2tu: (thanks to flashing lights and whirling hands from oncoming cars. :D) Had a blast, even if I was the only Viper out there. Niece has burnout video to take and show her friends. She loved the ride.
I think I will move to Florida, or Texas, or anywhere I can cruise all year round.:(

BREADMAN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Cruise Night Every Night..

Just thought that everyone should know that today was a great day, finally got a Viper fix.
Hooked on to the car trailer and took one of the team yellow cars down to Davenport in Calgary for a motor swap and to pick up the one they had all ready to go.
Did'nt make it 10 minutes down the highway on the way home to Red Deer and Ron (HSSSSSS) decided that even though it was 10 below and January that it was time see if they did a good job on the Viper and pulled over to unload it.:drive::drive::drive:

So everyone on the highway today got a treat and we got our Viper fix.:headbang::2tu:

HSSSSSS's car ran perfect.

But it's almost out of fuel now

All Blue ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny, I was driving home tonight on the highway thinking... if I could only get my car to this dry , clean patch of highway...

Bet it ran good in the cold.

"motor swap" ???? do tell:dunno:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So what numbers did the dyno show for HRSSSS Paxton car?

Ted

OP
OP
H

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So what numbers did the dyno show for HRSSSS Paxton car?

Ted

Did 170 thermostat, power steering pulley and bracket, powdercoat intake, yellow plug wires, new plugs. Dyno tuned- they said it was way out of tune.

561 RWHP, 538 torque.:2tu::2tu:

BREADMAN and I ran about 80 miles(about 40 each) and is sweet to drive now. Only got up to 140 MPH though.:D:D:D

It will be a good car for the wife to drive since she is afraid of too much instant power. The power ramps up steady to 5800 RPM.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Many of the 'dummies' on the forums state that the minimium/standard Paxton kit is 700rwhp. I've seen a few Paxtons here that run 505-590rwhp and what is the best of all is that it's what your wife wants! Might be a dyno curve similar to the new Gen 4 cars since the numbers are the same?

I'd like to meet up with you and your wife and write an article for the magazines on yah Ron. It would be interesting because your situation is so unique. It'd look good in your local paper as well.

I'm hoping that YOUR cahngeover works out how you want it to. Post what your wife says after she takes it for a drive.

Ted

OP
OP
H

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wife and I could not wait any longer.:) Put the insurance back on and took HRSSSSS for a spin to GREECE pizza shop in Blackfalds to try and talk him out of selling his '06 and get ready for cruiing. Had to dodge a couple of puddles and stones but got out on the freeway and had a blast.:drive:

I love driving a Viper!!!!:2tu:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I drove the new GTS/ACR today. Just another fast Viper and not raising my adreneline like my Roe car. I'll have to fill the Nitrous and Methane bottles to get 800rwhp out of this car. Paxton equals only about 600rwhp and only after 3,000rpm.

Buying it anyways. I see several improvements that I will make to improve the numbers. Anyone got a bigger pulley?

Ted

OP
OP
H

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats Ted
Are you driving it home? Paxton is a lot of fun too. Just a little bit different type of fun. But hey, different is also good. At least with this one you KNOW you will have to follow Yellow.:lmao: