Refinishing Cowl Cover

WARPFOUR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone refinished/repainted their Gen 1 cowl cover (the side-to-side piece that the wiper arms and washer fluid lines come through at the base of the windshield)? I have a factory service manual and it does not include any info on paint/paint codes for that piece. Flat black? Matte black? Mine has a few scuffs on it and I'd like to refinish it over the winter. Anyone refinish theirs? I've had mine off and back on a few times so removal is no problem. Thanks in advance for any info.

Last edited:

den krivacek

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't look at mine since it is under wraps. The industry standard for most
parts painted with a mattte black finish is "Trim Black". There are many knock offs,
but I would go with the SEM Trim Black #39143. It's available at most auto part stores.
If yo can't find it there, find one that sells automotive paints.

Richie T

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone refinished/repainted their Gen 1 cowl cover (the side-to-side piece that the wiper arms and washer fluid lines come through at the base of the windshield)? I have a factory service manual and it does not include any info on paint/paint codes for that piece. Flat black? Matte black? Mine has a few scuffs on it and I'd like to refinish it over the winter. Anyone refinish theirs? I've had mine off and back on a few times so removal is no problem. Thanks in advance for any info.
I refinished mine in matte silver

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2568.png
    IMG_2568.png
    594.6 KB · Views: 10

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members