Reliability

inVision

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whew, just reading the SRT10 posts and it's scary to read that those cars were only designed to be "cruisers??"

Thought I would ask you guys about the reliability of your GTS's, especially 01's and 02's. Is it more likely to leave me stranded than my Z06 or what (as some of the comments on the SRT posts suggested)??

Is it more than likely that I will be sitting on the side of the road waiting for a tow truck sooner or later? I notice high mileage in a Viper seems to be if it's got over 20K on it.

I don't mean to offend anyone, just wanna hear your honesty experiences, good or bad.

Thanks!

Mr U-2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So far my 01 GTS, bought new last SEP has had no problems. Seat has no up/down although there are seat lowering kits available. Check Sun Ra Kat posts. Pedal adjustment with fore/aft and recline seat position seem sufficient. Off set pedals seem weird at first but after a few days you won't notice. Heel/toe takes a little practice but again after you get the feel it's fine.

Test drive the car a few times if possible. Besides, once you press the right pedal all this and most other concerns disappear. :D

Good luck. :usa:

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
4 yrs, 30K and two cross country drives half of which were through dessert heat in daytime. do the common sense maintanence and itll last a lifetime. its a 10 cylinder 488ci engine for godssake, LOL

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've said this in another post, and I figured it'd be suitable here also, I think the diff problem is only a bad lot of them, otherwise there'd be the whole SRT population dropping like flies. They're just having some teething problems, IMO. Gen 1s, 1.5s, 2s are solid as rocks.

[EDIT]-no offense taken for this post, no flame intended.

Gavin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get Real guys - this car was built to have its guts driven out and still stay reliable - talk to a few of the racers in Europe , they dread the vipers showing up at the 12 and 24 hours events, why, because they are so [******] reliable - they don't break - and that racing - this car can handle street stuff no worries - this car is built. PERIOD.

As for the SRT/10 being a cruiser - what pencil jockeybwrote that garbage - its a high performace sport car and will outperform the gen 1 and gen 2 cars at the track and will demonstate equal or better reliability.

If you still have doubts - go buy a Honda.

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get Real guys - this car was built to have its guts driven out and still stay reliable - talk to a few of the racers in Europe , they dread the vipers showing up at the 12 and 24 hours events, why, because they are so [******] reliable - they don't break - and that racing - this car can handle street stuff no worries - this car is built. PERIOD.

As for the SRT/10 being a cruiser - what pencil jockeybwrote that garbage - its a high performace sport car and will outperform the gen 1 and gen 2 cars at the track and will demonstate equal or better reliability.

All I recall having read is that someone posted that a PVO guy said the SRT-10 Vipers were not meant to be raced, as in, on the track, not that they were not meant to be driven fast and hard. Everyone knows they were designed for that. I mean, come on, they were created to exceed the Gen II Vipers, for goodness sake. Naturally, they're just having some new-car issues.

You must be registered for see images

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96