Right Hand Drive Conversion

KWIK96

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here are the pictures of my 96RT which has been converted to Right Hand Drive.
I drove the car for several years in and around LA.
I exported the car in February 2006 to Melbourne, Australia.

Viperformance converted the car for me.
www.viperformance.com.au/

The car is 100% and you would swear it was originally made RHD.
The quality of workmanship that has gone into this conversion is unbelievable.
I picked the car up in Melbourne and then drove it across country to Perth, where I live.
There is another post regarding this trip. Car ran like a Swiss clock, even at high speed and in heat.

Special thanks to Dee and all the gang at Viperformance for delivering above my expectations.

Conversion_002_2.JPG

Conversion_006_2.JPG

Conversion_001_2.JPG

Conversion_005_2.JPG

Conversion_004_2.JPG

Conversion_003_2.JPG

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As much as I hate agreeing with John, I have to agree this time. Those pictures almost make me dizzy :) It does look like a very clean install and I'm glad the car runs great after the conversion! Do cars have to be RHD over in Perth? Also, how difficult was it to get used to the shifter being to your left? I wonder that everytime I see a Nissan Skyline.

p.s.--I notice Peter has a "full-size" avatar despite his McViper ownership. Just thought I'd point out to the Peanut Gallery (aka Big-n-Italian) that I now feel even more singled out than I did before :confused:

:D

OP
OP
K

KWIK96

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Chad,
I travel between the US and Oz all the time and have no difficulty adapting to driving on the "wrong" side which ever side that is..
My 01 is in LA and it takes a day or two to get familiar again.
All cars post 89 have to be converted for entry to Australia.
It is a full motor out conversion and it does take some time to do.
It has a new wiring loom under hood and dash, new AC ducting, the oil filter is remotely plumbed to under the front left hand side facia, as the steering column runs down that side now, the list of mods is extensive.

These photos were taken at Big Al's poker run on the weekend. It is a once a year charity event for hotrods and muscle cars. They had 700+ cars there and this was the only Viper. It got a lot of attention. I will post again will photos of Big Al's.

viperdude118

Viper Owner
Reaction score
p.s.--I notice Peter has a "full-size" avatar despite his McViper ownership. Just thought I'd point out to the Peanut Gallery (aka Big-n-Italian) that I now feel even more singled out than I did before :confused:

:D

Chad, you may end up having to do this right hand conversion also, in order to get your avatar changed to regular size! ;)

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hurts my head just lookin' at those pictures. It does look like a really clean conversion though!

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
we had x3 over here done by viperformance too, they do look very good up close but quite a costly job with adding on the shipping

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, seriously clean conversion. I can't belive how good the dash looks. And the shifter and e-brake swap. Nice.

"Chad, you may end up having to do this right hand conversion also, in order to get your avatar changed to regular size!"

There's got to be a cheaper way, Chad. Did you send John a Christmas card? How about a Valentine? Maybe a ******* gift certificate.

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very good conversions as Neil said seen a few here in the UK..
Only one left though 02 red GTS with white stripes...

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How did they do the dash? Do they mold a new dash in reverse? Did they keep the order of the four gauges across the top? Or did they reverse the order?

Looks awesome... glad to see someone spending money to keep a 1996 RT on the road!

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How did they do the dash? Do they mold a new dash in reverse? Did they keep the order of the four gauges across the top? Or did they reverse the order?

i was wondering too about the steering linkage and esp the steering rack. is the steering rack simply flipped around 180 degrees to accomodate?

OP
OP
K

KWIK96

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The dash is new and the gauges are set in the same order but obviously the reverse angle, so they still face the driver.
The steering rack is replaced with one from a jeep for RHD but has been modified to achieve the same lock to lock turns.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456