Rocker heat

Wayne

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Talking with another owner about the amount of heat in the cabin and side rockers and was told that there is some kind of a "vent" that can be put in the side rockers (?) to help keep them and the cabin cooler.
I have also heard I can change the cats, but really like the fact that the car is somewhat quiet with the stock system so will likely change just the tips out, but would still like to cool it as best as possible.
Has anyone used these or anything similar, or anything else to take the heat from the rockers?
Can someone point me in the right direction.
Thanks

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are stainless steel vent screens that you can install in the front of the rockers. They vent some of the heat, but also let in water, rocks, etc. You can find them by searching on this website.

The best way to go is to replace your cats. If you do not want to take them out completely you can put high flow cats back in their place. Random Tech and others make them.

Tim

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If it's a Gen 1, remove the Cats and you gain noticeable power, a little louder but sounds better and so much cooler you won't believe the difference. I was at the point of selling my car as it doesn't have AC and it was unbearably hot even in cold Canada. Now I'm good to go again.

If you have a Gen 2, use the high flow Cats.

Either way it's the best bang for your buck.

Tim

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with Tim. high-flows or none at all, big difference in heat, not much more sound. A member here had me take out his cats and leave in the stock muffs, a teeny-bit louder but a big difference in cabin heat!!!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

ZX1100

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with removing the cats if you can. Removed mine and now I don't have to worry about burning my leg when I get out. I couldn't believe the difference it made.

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
put the hiflow cats in.i wouldnt like the noise from having no cats at all.

Max

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are concerned about sound but want to address the heat issue, go with RT hi-flows and keep the stock exhaust, at least you will gain some performance, while taking a bite out of the heat.
Much better that some ole "poser" tips! LOL!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc