Roe VEC 2 on my car... First Imppression

GONABITE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well like many other owners of the Roe supercharger I have had my drivability problems. Until today this morning prior to a VCA meeting I went to Sean's shop and we removed the protype VEC 2 from Sean's car and put it on mine all of which took less than 30 minutes easy install. We used the same program that Sean had used on his car and upon intial startup of my car I could already tell a difference without even driving the car. As soon as I drove even below 20 mph I could tell adifference also, the car was much more smooth. We then proceeded to get on the highway and unlike before when I had no detonation until 5600 or above I now had it under light throttle application around 2500 to 2700 area huh. Well no problem we pulled over Sean plugged the laptop in adjusted some timing retard and, and like being on pit road the stop was under two minutes and back on the road. Now at the same speed and engine rpm now detonation, and gobs more low end torque, but at my original problem area we had some detonation again, so back to pit road and I think Sean's times as a crew member are getting better under two minutes Sean once again reprogrmamed the VEC 2 and we were on the road again still same tons of power on the low end and all the way through right up to 6000 rpm no detonation. This is a remarkable unit and Sean has done an awesome job with the ability to clean up so many issues with a quick stroke of a key on a laptop and swipe a new card into your VEC 2 I think the possibilities are almost endless. So as the day was coming to an end we headed back to Sean shop so he could take his VEC 2 off my car and put it back on his, he ran inside to open the garage door and I drove off with the VEC 2!! Just kidding. Thanks Sean great job and to everyone else this will make your day when you receive it.

S

SUN RA KAT

I hope Sean comes with my VEC2 when it gets here!
smile.gif

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SUN RA KAT:
I hope Sean comes with my VEC2 when it gets here!
smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Kenny,
I won't need to be there. You'll have two cards to choose from. The difference will be the total timing amount that can be removed. The timing curve remains the same as does the fuel curve. You'll basically have a 93 octane and a 91 octane card. If someone wants a custom card for race gas, nitrous, etc, we'll make them available for a nominal charge. We're just about finished with testing and will be burning cards soon.

Cars with modified engines or different forced induction kits will need the software in order to do the fine tuning. The first production boxes are scheduled to ship to us late next week.

Sean

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ahhhhhhhhh.
Christmas in January!!!
driving.gif

Sean, is 93 octane a "real" number. I am growing a bit weary memorizing every Sunoco (94 octane) station within 100 miles!

S

SUN RA KAT

I've noticed enough difference with switching from 93 octane to 94 octane that I probably will want to get a custom card for 94 octane, too, and keep the cards in my Viper so I can custom flash my VEC2 for insanely fast to even more insanely fast.
smile.gif

OP
OP
G

GONABITE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CitySnake,

93 is a real number thats what I had in my car yesterday. Coming from NY where Sunoco sells 94 I am now here in FL and they don't sell 94 so I have no choice.

Diablo Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GONABITE:
CitySnake,

93 is a real number thats what I had in my car yesterday. Coming from NY where Sunoco sells 94 I am now here in FL and they don't sell 94 so I have no choice.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, they sell 100 octane here in Florida.Check your local Speedway gas station.It sells for 3.79 /gal but is unleaded.

Joe