RT/10 Auto form stuff for sale cheap on Fleabay

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think he was selling the 4 months ago and it didnt sell as it had a much higher price , its a great deal and i would have jumped on it when I was in the market 4 months ago now my interest has changed to getting a condo in FL

OP
OP
T

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I seen this car for sale about 2-3 years ago when I was buying my first RT/10. Fell in love with it, called the guy, but he would NOT budge on the price. He was asking 27K or something, and I was only looking to spend around 22K. I love the top and spoiler (which the RT/10 that I did buy also had).

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I seen this car for sale about 2-3 years ago when I was buying my first RT/10. Fell in love with it, called the guy, but he would NOT budge on the price. He was asking 27K or something, and I was only looking to spend around 22K. I love the top and spoiler (which the RT/10 that I did buy also had).

Definitely the right color! :2tu:

Lots of miles, though....:crazy2:

FRC Z51

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definitely the right color! :2tu:

Lots of miles, though....:crazy2:

4,500/year = lots of miles? I'd hardly say 73k is "lots of miles" but at least the car got some enjoyment and was likely maintained better than most of the cars running around here with 30k miles. People tend to think the 30k mile car doesn't need any servicing because it "only has 30k miles" where as the guy with 70k likely took it through it's scheduled maintenance as needed, which in the long run can potentially lead to a nicer vehicle.

For what it's worth, yes I make these statements based of personal and friends experiences.

OP
OP
T

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
4,500/year = lots of miles? I'd hardly say 73k is "lots of miles" but at least the car got some enjoyment and was likely maintained better than most of the cars running around here with 30k miles. People tend to think the 30k mile car doesn't need any servicing because it "only has 30k miles" where as the guy with 70k likely took it through it's scheduled maintenance as needed, which in the long run can potentially lead to a nicer vehicle.

For what it's worth, yes I make these statements based of personal and friends experiences.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I have had trucks that had well over 300K on them (I drive a lot) and had people believe they had less than 80K. Also bought a few used one's with 70K and looked like they have been to hell and back!

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

FWIW, I speak from experience also...imagine that. :smirk:

My first ('95) also had "lot of miles"....85K of them. Sure...I can do the quick math that you did, and come up with a "miles/year" figure, but wasn't my point. Point was that the more miles there are, the more likely you will run into an issue. Again....I know from experience.

Not quite sure where you made the assumption that a higher-miled car "was likely maintained better"? Or that a higher-miled car owner (however many there were) "likely took it through it's (sic) scheduled maintenance"?

Absolutely not true in my case, and not really an accurate blanket statement. Were you assuming those things because it still happens to be running?:dunno:

The bottom line is, like I said earlier...do your research, look at the maintenance records, inspect the crap out of it, and pay a fair price based upon your DD.:2tu:

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm with Andrew on miles.....sure you can find a high mileage car that has been taken care of very well versus a low mileage car that was hardly taken care of. But, on average, the higher the mileage the more likely it is you will have issues. It is a nice car (would look nicer if it was red) and looks taken care of....maintenance records will tell the story...or lack thereof.

If, after inspection, its a good car then $20k is a great price!

Just my 2-cents