Runway Top Speed Runway Event and other VCA Events

ivanrho

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Dear Members,

We have several events coming up that need your immediate attention. Please mark down your calendars and email me if you make one or any of them. There still time to join them all!

Sunday April 19, 2009 - Runway Top Gun Event
This event is hosted by another group and not a "VCA" event, however, we have been invited to participate. A few of you did attend their February event where you would take your Viper or any make and model out to the Dade-Collier Transition Airport. You have 2 miles to run your car flat out and see what top speed you can achieve. The cost is $450 for the first driver, and $250 for a passenger or driver of the same car. $50 per person to watch the event. Breakfast and Lunch and water will be provided as part of the fees. If you are to compete, you need to contact me immediately. Also, you should fill up at Krome Ave and SW 8th Street (41) before you get there so you don't run out of gas. Gates open at 8am and close at 6pm. Here is a map of the location.

At the last event, Doug Levin ran a certifed 205 MPH in his TT Lamborghini. He's looking to do at least 210 MPH this weekend.

dade collier airport - Google Maps

Friday-Sunday April 24-26, 2009 - Viper Days
Viper Days is just around the corner and this will be your last and final reminder. If you haven't signed up to attend this incredible event at Sebring, there still is time but please do it in the next few days.

If you're not sure what Viper Days is all about and wish to check it out first hand, I am arranging a drive over to Sebring Sunday morning, leaving around 9:30am from Hollywood. They have a race on Sunday at 1pm with all the Viper Comp Coupes, and it's pretty exciting to watch. If you'd like to take a drive over for the day, please send me an email and let me know. Sebring is about 150 miles away from Hollywood.

Friday May 1, 2009 - Tower Shops
Our monthly gathering at the Tower Shops located on University Drive, about a quartermile south of 595. Meet around 7:30, weather permitting. Dinner to follow.

Saturday May 23, 2009 - Prime Time Open House
We've been invited to visit the most exciting race group in the whole world! And they're here locally in Hollywood Florida. The open house starts at 11:30am and will end at 1:30pm. Lunch will be provided. Please RSVP to me by May 20. They need a head count for lunch. Primetime Race Group

Hope to see you soon.

Ivan

Great deals on Dell's most popular laptops - Starting at $479

OP
OP
I

ivanrho

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had a great time this weekend. There were some very fast cars present; the fastest was an Underground Racing TT Gallardo that ran 238 MPH in the 2 mile runway strip. Half mile was reserved for a slow/cool down area so this car took about 1.5 miles to do this. This car, however, broke when he ran it against a DLM TT Gallardo and Hefner TT Gallardo, which the DLM car stayed ahead of both Hefner's cars with a simple bolt on TT setup.

Members Don F and Mike D also had their Vipers on the Runway running over 175 to 190 MPH.

Check out some of my videos shot on YouTube. Search: ivanrho

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62