Sagging GTS Doors...How to Fix??

Whoaa GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since I bought my car both the driver and the passenger doors slightly sag and rub the inside of the door jam. Everytime I close or open the doors I am sure to give them a little lift to try to keep the problem from getting worse but I would like the doors to funtion properly. Is this a common problem with GTS doors and is there a somewhat easy fix?

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$400( I think) for door springs... they're small compared to the doors and they hold a lot of weight. It's only a matter of time. Call the Wizard for prices.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had Chuck Tator replace my drivers door hinge as it would no longer stay open and was getting tired. Well worth it, will solve the sag problem too.

KERS-VPR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
use a scribe around the hinges for original setting and lift the door slightly while loosening the hinge bolts and re tighten. Check the fit and readjust if necessary. :2tu:

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
use a scribe around the hinges for original setting and lift the door slightly while loosening the hinge bolts and re tighten. Check the fit and readjust if necessary. :2tu:

You wont need new hinges, just adjust the doors. They ALL sag over time!

OP
OP
W

Whoaa GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just take a grinder and grind away where it is interfering with the inside of the door jam. :D

This approach sounds way easier and less time consuming. I'm going for it ahhahha ;)

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just take a grinder and grind away where it is interfering with the inside of the door jam. :D

This approach sounds way easier and less time consuming. I'm going for it ahhahha ;)
Agreed, highly recommended. :smirk: My doors close much better now. But I can't get rid of that burning stink. :)

OP
OP
W

Whoaa GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can ya do that Jerad??? Or is it another job for "Viperworld" N.E.???? :D :D :D :D :D :nana:

Not sure yet uncle Mitchie, it might just end up back at your shop. Prolly gonna have some more work for you and more mods come spring time. I got the splitter and need to stripe that as well as the rear bumper, but i will try that for fun. The RT will be up there as well Im sure. Can you beleive it..he is actually thinking supercharger on his haahahahahaah

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
real simple fix.

Take a thick towel and place it in the door then close the door.

loosen the door nuts and retighten.

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
real simple fix.

O.K...I give up. How do you loosen the door nuts and retighten them when the door is closed? :confused:

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
real simple fix.

Great idea AB. :2tu:

To explain his idea. Place a thick towel towards the back of the door on the sill and close the door. This is where the sagging is at it's worst and the thick towel gives the required clearance. YMMV. Then remove the painted trim piece at the front and loosen the door hinge nuts. Tighten them while lifting the front end of the door at the same time. Voila! Seems much easier than the other method because the door doesn't need to be held up. I will try it this week and report.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21