SCT for the Gen 5

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How much money to develop this are we talking about? 20k? 50k? 100k? 1 mil? Why not get a couple good programmers who have experience together and do a kickstarter for it? The issue you run into there is if it costs too much and not enough people actually care...which could be the case.

There are a few of us that would be more than happy to help, of of hobby more than anything. But, getting hands on a controller, understanding the bus architecture, isn't all that easy.

Magnus_

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here's the skinny.

Let me preface this by saying I am Keith@HPTuners, one of the owners.

From a generic standpoint, dodge PCM's (ECM, ECU, whatever you want to call it) are no different than GM. They have proprietary: security, reading/writing routines, data structures/layout, operating systems and code.

There is a lot more product available for GM because the GM market is just so large. From an engineering standpoint, it helps to apply knowledge of past GM routines toward future GM controllers to help reduce efforts of developing products.

For Dodge, if you already have a strong Dodge engineering team, new dodge stuff wouldn't be as difficult. Unfortunately none of the large tuning product manufacturers have strong enough dodge engineers, or they do but not enough dodge engineering resources to allocate to such a small product like the viper.

With that said, HP Tuners is hiring software developers and engineers. If you're located in the chicagoland area you can submit a resume to www.hptuners.com.

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's the skinny.

Let me preface this by saying I am Keith@HPTuners, one of the owners.

From a generic standpoint, dodge PCM's (ECM, ECU, whatever you want to call it) are no different than GM. They have proprietary: security, reading/writing routines, data structures/layout, operating systems and code.

There is a lot more product available for GM because the GM market is just so large. From an engineering standpoint, it helps to apply knowledge of past GM routines toward future GM controllers to help reduce efforts of developing products.

For Dodge, if you already have a strong Dodge engineering team, new dodge stuff wouldn't be as difficult. Unfortunately none of the large tuning product manufacturers have strong enough dodge engineers, or they do but not enough dodge engineering resources to allocate to such a small product like the viper.

With that said, HP Tuners is hiring software developers and engineers. If you're located in the chicagoland area you can submit a resume to www.hptuners.com.

I'm still waiting for my burrito warmer...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456