Seattle Roadster Show - March 2-4

Bob K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Clint,
Fat chance!! This show is geared more toward classic cars so it is not really a showcase for new models. Our Vipers and some of the Corvettes will be the only newer cars there if last year is a gauge.

On another note, Be sure you have only 1/8th tank of gas or less when you arrive at he show. They are very strict about that. You also will have to tape your gas cap shut and disconnect the battery (SRT/10's need the right star shaped screw driver to remove the battery cover in the trunk).

Fortunately the weather was good the last 2 days. My gas tank was 3/4ths full so I was forced to drive all over the place to burn it up. It was a nasty job but I had to do it!!

Bob K

C-Note

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that you had to spend your day just burning up that gas, must of been pretty rough. :)
I spent my day installing my new Borla exhaust with no cats, it sounds great! :nana:

Clint

suprchg1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went to Portland to the Portland Roadster Show last week end and was very impressed with the cars displayed :headbang: . Dodge had a display and also two trailer companies, yes I did purchase one and did bring it home. Maybe a bit conservative but happy with it being 20 foot and enclosed. In addition I found the new ramp hoist for the shop but need to purchase the home to put it in. (Darn Condos) Overall the Portland show is about half the size of the Seattle show, additionally from the cars shown that were street daily drivers, all except for the 2003 Lambo (WOW) :eek: we will show just as well maybe better. It is good that we purchased and rented the carpet, cars displayed without the carpet did not show well at all. Next weekend is comming up fast, are you ready? :nana:

C-Note

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This weekend I will be finished detailing my car, I plan on it being tip top but…
I am beginning to worry about the weather, the long forecast is showing a chance of snow, I don’t happen to have any studded tires for my car. :shocked:

I guess we will just have to see how it all pans out. :bonker:

Clint

suprchg1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If all else failes and we have snow we'll just play it by ear, if it rains we have two trailers and if all else fails and the :hitfan: we can get togeather, drink beer and watch re-runs of Pink Slips.

Bud

C-Note

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My car is ready!! :)
I spent the entire weekend cleaning every little part,
02-25-07_1600.jpg

02-25-07_1851.jpg

02-25-07_1915.jpg

I dont think it has been this clean EVER!!! :D
This should be a great show!! :nana:

Clint

Bob K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey!
It's 10:15 PM and we have 4 inches of snow on the ground. It is still snowing like a mother here as well. Who knows how much we will have when we wake up tomorrow. This can't be good news for the Roadster Show! I'm guessing there will be many " no Shows " for this one. I don't know how I would even get mine loaded in a trailer at this point. There comes a time when walking away from a $50 entry fee might make sense. Where are the rest of you coming from on this situation?
So much for the forcast of partly sunny and dry tomorrow.

Bob K

C-Note

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I rented carpet so I have 200 into it already, I would hate to walk away from that, not to mention that I have put at lease 30 hours into getting my car cleaned up and putting on the new exhaust.
The eleven o clock news said it will be warming up mid morning tomorrow.
Up here in Skagit County we didn’t get any snow to speak of, I think the snow is in pretty limited areas.

If you need help just give me a call and I will come a runnin with a snow shovel!!

Hope the weather cooperates, we will see in the morning….. :bonker:

Clint

OP
OP
S

Scotty-tnt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There has been alot of talk about getting a small group together to go to the show. I will be there Saturday at around 1:00pm to check everything out. Anyone who wants to meet up let me know... :2tu:

My cell is 206.390.1223 if you just happen to be at the show!

Scott

OP
OP
S

Scotty-tnt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The snow sucked! :bonker: BUT, All Vipers made it and are set up! :nana:
Check out the amazing boards that were put together for the cars when you get there!

We will be there Saturday at 1:00!

Scott

Bob K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks to Scott and Bud for facilitating all of us getting our cars trailered to the show! Besides being great friends you guys are a real asset to the club. The cars and our display look awesome. Check it out if you can.

Bob K

Road Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice Job with the display, as usual the Vipers caught alot of Attention. The Boards looked awsome! Pride of ownership, True Passion! Great Job Guys!

OP
OP
S

Scotty-tnt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2007 Seattle Roadster Show results!

Pics will be up soon @ www.WAVCA.org

Class:
Factory Production Stock Sports Car
1. 2nd place - :cool: Bob Kotheneutal :cool: - New 2006 Blue and White Coupe

Semi- Custom Sports Car
1. 3rd Place - ;) Scott Twyford ;) - 1997 Blue and White RT/10
2. Runner Up - :laugh: Clint Shearer :laugh: - 1998 Black GTS

Street Machine Sports Car
1. 3rd Place - :D Tom Peetz :D - 2003 Red SRT/10

And last but not least I feel the hardest class due to Bud going against all the crazy big blocks and customs!

Big Block Street Machine
1. 3rd Place - :headbang: Bud Grey :headbang: - 1996 Blue and white GTS

Watch for the full story on your next newsletter of our eventful show with the unexpected snow the day of displaying! :curse:

Scott Twyford
WAVCA - President :usa:

C-Note

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is a picture of everyone’s car, and one from the balcony.

Tom's
DSC00085.JPG

Scott's
DSC00084.JPG

Bob's
DSC00086.JPG

Bud's
DSC00083.JPG

Mine
DSC00082.JPG

One from above.
DSC00061.JPG

This turned out to be a great show, I feel that the club and cars were very well represented.
I think that we may have even picked up some new members!!! :laugh:
I had a great time; the work that we put in was worth it.
Lastly, THANK YOU Bud for having my back, Bud drove all the way up to Clear Lake to tow my car down because the weather was not cooperating; I would not have made it down without your help. :2tu:

I have many pictures from this show; they are very large files (about 3MB each).
The last time I tried to email these they were to big for many people’s mail boxes.
I will make up some CD’s and bring them to our next dinner in Kenmore, and yes Bud I will throw those other pictures on your CD!!

Clint

suprchg1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a great display and lots of help and interest from Scotty, Tom, Bob and Clint, without your help the show would have been a bust. At ten on Thursday we were still setting up the last of the cars and the building was closed,we were asked to go home finished or not. Everyone worked there butt off to get the last car in. Great job and thanks for the commitment. Looking foreword to next years show and also participating in the Portland event two weeks before.

Bud

BillS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Note: A picture of Bob's & Clint's cars made it into the newspaper.(Sunday PI/Times I think... I'll check) I'll bring it to the dinner in Kennmore.

Bill

RAYSIR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey Guys, Your cars looked GREAT !! I had a fun time at the show. Nice meeting a few of you. Clint, Scotty, Bob. Glad to see you got some awards. You had a nice display and some clean cars. Stay in touch. Ray

C-Note

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is a scan of the picture in the Seattle PI,
Thank you Bill for holding onto it for me!! :2tu:
SeattlePI.jpg

If you look real close you can see Tom's tail light and a small part of Bud's hood, so there are four Vipers in the pic. :D

Clint

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave