Selling + shipping a hood? Who has sold one? Or bought one?

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just wanted to start a new thread. I am selling my Gen II hood and i was curious who here has sold a hood? Or bought one?
How much did you sell it for? Or buy it for?
How much do you think an excellent condition Gen II hood is worth?
How much would it be to ship? Estimated?

I want to know the shipping for selling mine and how much to expect to pay when i buy the diamondback hood.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
J

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been offered 4K already but i'd have to pay the shipping. I think i can get more.

I e-mailed John B and he acted like he wasen't intrested, didn't really give me straight answer, basically said he takes trade in's and i specifically said i wanted a Diamondback hood and he dosen't sell them. So kind of a pointless conversation, Maybe he was in one of those bad moods or something?

I'm waiting to hear back from a couple others also.
I'll try the wizard and ask him if he's intrested or how much shipping normally is?

Any one else have any hood buying /shipping experience.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you can get a diamondback for around 4k... on an SVS... 4k is a good deal.

but back to our regularly scheduled question: i'd imagine that track freight would be the only way to ship a hood... unless you have a friend who is going to be headed to where the buyer is located. And has a truck.

OP
OP
J

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Take the 4k and run...trust me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anton sold his hood for $4,500.00 locally.
X2 builders has one on E-bay starting bid 6k and it has a knick in it.
other have gotten more or around the same thing.
Plus i'm in no hurry.
Why would i take it and run when it's in excellent condition?
If i took it i'd end up only getting 3500 maybe after shipping.

OP
OP
J

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you can get a diamondback for around 4k... on an SVS... 4k is a good deal.

but back to our regularly scheduled question: i'd imagine that track freight would be the only way to ship a hood... unless you have a friend who is going to be headed to where the buyer is located. And has a truck.
Where can i get it for 4K? I thought Roger is the only one who made these?
What is SVS?

Da1cop

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I payed 5k for mine from Roger. Im using the crate he made for the new one to ship the old one. I had a transport company pick it up.

OKViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Buy the new one first, that way you can save the packing materials for transporting yours. You would have little or no cost in materials and it would be done right. Good luck - I love modified Vipers and will want to see lots of pictures...

01RedCognacRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I paid $5,200 for an excellent OEM Gen II hood and bumper cover; delivered from a local viper owner.

Regards,

Dave S
01 RT/10 :usa:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
not the same but similiar size...i sold a hardtop off a jeep wrangler. i wrapped it the heck up good. all kinds of padding. strapped it to a skid standing up. more padding and shrink wrapped the whole thing. the guy paid the shipping butit cost him like 325 from NJ to michigan using fedex ground

Knight Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Jim, the first 10-diamondback hoods were going to be $5,000 after that they were going to go to the originally planed price of $6,500. I could be mistaken and if you talk to Roger I'm sure he'll tell you but if you can, contact him as soon as possible to get your name on one because I think a least #8 is spoken for

As for selling mine; I have a repaired hood and it looks pretty good but needs minor body work to smooth some ripples and is a custom color so will need to be repainted. I had a man that wanted it for 2,500 but backed out so I will be listing it again, most likely as a pick up only.

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine had a repaired front corner and sold for 4500 localy, I know if i was patient i could have got atleast 5k for it. I had atleast 10people car the first day.

Put it up for 5500 and see what happends.

that x2 hood will eventually sell for what they are asking. Things always endup selling no matter what the price is, just let it sit long enough and someone will buy it.

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I spoke with JonB last week about my Gen.II hood. He suggested that he would take my Gen.II hood on trade for a Diamondback hood plus extra $$$$. In addition, I would need to ship my hood to him at my cost. The trade in value was definitely no where near what I want. So I'll just sell my hood on my own and wait it out for a good price.

Just my $0.02

OP
OP
J

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yah then he would probably turn around and sell it for at least 6k and make a killing off of you. LOL
I'll just keep my hood for sale for a while, some one is bound to need one eventually.
Thanks for the advice guys.

Like i said, i've already been offered 4K and today i'm contacting another company, i'd think i could get 4k clean eventually.

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey JUCD VPR! PM Sent

You lead and I will follow :D Just make sure to let me know who you sold the hood too and for what price :nana: Just kidding...good luck with the sale of your hood. :2tu:

OP
OP
J

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GTSjbud ~ I don't have a PM from you.

Just to inform the people who think it isn't worth that much. I now have a SECOND offer for 4k locally, but he wants to inspect the hood first. So i may send my father with the car so he can check it out and i MIGHT let it go for that much.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery